Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Do I understand it correctly, from your description, that there has been only 1 crash? No, the crashes usually happen 3-4 times each week. It has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dynition, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dynition Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

No, the crashes usually happen 3-4 times each week. It has been going for quite a while now, since the fall creators update. In the meantime I have reinstalled my system a couple of times, that didn't fix anything. The only thing that solved it so far is using another operating system, but that's more of a workaround then a fix.

Yesterday I've turned off fast startup as suggested in the post where this was separated from, no crashes since but it's hard to say if it's solved since they happen so irregularly. I'll update this thread with a new minidump if it crashes again ^^

Dynition, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Dynition Win User

I've been having the exact same problem since the windows 10 fall creator's update. No bluescreen, just a restart and a saved minidump. I'm using the same motherboard as catvomit, the GA-78LMT-USB3. (rev 5.0 in my case)
    The weird thing is that this setup works fine running Windows 7 or even Linux Ubuntu, it's just on Windows 10 that these crashes happen. Could it be some false positive caused by the motherboard when windows is running bugchecks?

:)

Dynition, Apr 29, 2018
  3. BSOD Help whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Hi thanks for replying. To answer your questions, this issue occurs very rarely but has now happened twice within a short period. This is a computer I built myself. I initially thought my ram was causing the issue because the documentation from Asus (motherboard
    manufacture) didn't show the ram I was using as supported models. So I replaced them with new Adata sticks that are supported, and I got another crash after about 5 minutes of running the computer on idle. Also my motherboard likes to automatically "optimize"
    settings in the UEFI bios which includes a slight overclocking of the cpu and possibly the ram as well. I have forced all settings in bios to run at hardware defaults (or standard) settings, and so far have had no issues.

Here's a link to my public onedrive folder with two zipped dump files (it's all i have)

Public

Hollow1115, Apr 29, 2018
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

BSOD Help whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Hi,

I will certainly help you regarding the blue screen issue.

Kindly let us know a few more details on the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Kindly refer the suggestions from the link below:

Windows 10 BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Also, refer the link regarding the blue screen error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Apr 29, 2018
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Dynition,

Welcome to 10forums *Smile

I have requested your post be separated, because although you're getting the same BSOD crash as the user in the thread you posted in, it's unlikely to be actually related.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod [​IMG]

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod [​IMG]

6. Dynition Win User
    Hey axe0,
    I can't seem to find the 'My System Specs' button you refer to.

Anyway, my system specs are the following:
    CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard GigaByte GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev 5.0) RAM 2x Kingston KHX160010D38G (4GB, 1600mhz)
    2x Nanya M2X2G64CB88G7N-DG (2GB, 1866mhz) GPU MSI Radeon RX 470 GAMING X 8G Storage Samsung SSD 840 PRO (128GB, boot device)
    WDC WD1-JPVX-22JC3T0 (1TB, 5400rmp) PSU Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bits (completely wiped 28/4/2018)

Dynition, Apr 29, 2018
  7. z3r010 Win User
  8. Dynition Win User

Thanks, I updated the information.

Dynition, Apr 29, 2018
  9. axe0 New Member
    Do I understand it correctly, from your description, that there has been only 1 crash?

If the answer to my question above is yes, then it is a temporary corruption in the memory that has been resolved when the system rebooted. These kind of corruptions rarely happen, and mostly happen when the system is running a very long period.
    If the answer to my question above is no, the Windows kernel has been changed a lot since Windows 7, it is very possible that crashes happen only in Windows 10 but from my experience it is typically due to incompatibility with software. The only false positives are the kind described above, a.k.a one-timers.

The only reason a bugcheck occurs is when a severe kernel corruption occurs to which Windows has no answer of handling properly. If any bugcheck would be a result of an issue with your motherboard, it would not be a false positive but a faulty motherboard in which case you usually would've had trouble in Windows 7 and possibly Linux as well.

Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 bsod

2. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  3. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  4. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  5. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  6. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  7. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on Wolfenstein new order. Replaced gpu 2 months ago but has worked fine. replaced Mobo/cpu b550 msi edge gaming wifi, 5800x cpu...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Hi nerds, My PC has twice rebooted itself with no warning. I did not see a bsod either time, so i thought it may have been a power issue at first. Both times a dump file was left, with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124. The first crash occurred shortly after PC was powered on...
  10. Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)"

Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)": Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out the source of my blue screen on my Gigabyte Aero 14. The bluescreens happen mostly on battery mode, for exemple when I startup the computer, when I unplug the power cord, or when I wake up the computer from sleepmode. In some rare cases...