Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Same like this: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Windows 10 Forums Code: 0x00000124: [SPECIAL] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (2018-02-19... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by catvomit, Jan 27, 2018.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

Same like this:
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Windows 10 Forums

Code: 0x00000124: [SPECIAL] WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (2018-02-19 14:36:04) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV WHEA Notify: Machine Check Exception Type: BUS error Error: BUSLG_OBS_ERR_*_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4) PROCESS: System[/quote]
    "BUS OBS Error": Observing error. Usually caused by hardware components, Mainboard or chipset drivers.

BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
  2. catvomit Win User

Nothing new then... what I should do next?

catvomit, Feb 18, 2018
  3. catvomit Win User
    Is replacing the mobo the only solution?

catvomit, Feb 18, 2018
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

There is also the same error in the eventlog:

Code: 2018-02-19 13:38:19 Error: A fatal hardware error has occurred. Component: AMD Northbridge Event[2781]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2018-02-19T13:38:19.089 Event ID: 20 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-CMBIKBN Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. Component: AMD Northbridge Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: 11 Processor APIC ID: 0[/quote]
    Seems to be an known error on you mainboard:

BSOD - GA-78LMT-USB3 causing it? - Motherboards - Toms Hardware

Amd NorthBridge Error type 11

BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
  5. catvomit Win User
    So is there anything that could be causing it other than a faulty mobo? I've tried everything I can think of

catvomit, Feb 18, 2018
  6. BSODHunter, Feb 18, 2018
  7. catvomit Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

My psu is an Ace A-750BR, Thank you for the other links, I'll look at those

catvomit, Feb 18, 2018
  8. catvomit Win User
    I forgot to mention, I had a couple of random restarts before the new BSOD occurred. I'm pretty desperate for help, if there's something wrong with my zip please let me know

catvomit, Apr 5, 2018
  9. catvomit Win User
    I thought the issue was solved, but just had another crash. I didn't actually see a BSOD, I believe i have fast startup off so do you think there's any reason for that?

Before the crash, I was playing a game and I kept hearing the USB disconnect and then reconnect sound. I had about 9000 ping in game, until I heard the disconnect sound and then nothing. I noticed the lights on my USB wifi device were off, i tried unplugging and replugging but the only thing that got it to work was plugging it into the port my keyboard was plugged into. Upon plugging my keyboard into the USB port that caused the issue, it lit up but would not register any input.

So i stopped using that port, and tried to check Speccy to see if my temperatures were too high. While moving the speccy window onto my other monitor, the screen froze and there was a buzzing noise lasting about 5 seconds before it rebooted.

New ZIP attached. I checked the event log and saw a WHEA error - so I assume it is the same error and should be posted in the same thread? Please let me know what i should do next, I don't want to replace the motherboard *Sad

TIA

catvomit, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 bsod

2. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  3. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  4. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  5. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  6. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  7. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on Wolfenstein new order. Replaced gpu 2 months ago but has worked fine. replaced Mobo/cpu b550 msi edge gaming wifi, 5800x cpu...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Do I understand it correctly, from your description, that there has been only 1 crash? No, the crashes usually happen 3-4 times each week. It has been going for quite a while now, since the fall creators update. In the meantime I have reinstalled my system a couple of times,...
  10. Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)"

Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)": Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out the source of my blue screen on my Gigabyte Aero 14. The bluescreens happen mostly on battery mode, for exemple when I startup the computer, when I unplug the power cord, or when I wake up the computer from sleepmode. In some rare cases...