Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there!Just got the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124" BSOD while playing game. After the restart everything is ok. But I would like to know what was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MROOKLYN ZOO, Oct 18, 2021.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?

Hi there!Just got the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124" BSOD while playing game. After the restart everything is ok. But I would like to know what was the reason if possible.System info:- "Fresh" Windows Pro x64 21H1 installed about a week ago within Media Creation tool- only few drivers & software installed- SSD disk preliminarily cleaned to be as a new one* CPU Intel 4670k overclocked from 3.4 to 4.4 without voltage rising, not going higher 60˚C* RAM DDR1600 overclocked to 2133 with a little voltage rising from 1.5 to 1.515 and checked within "Memtest86" soft showing no errors in UEFI

:)

MROOKLYN ZOO, Oct 18, 2021

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

Same like this:
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Windows 10 Forums

Code:
    "BUS OBS Error": Observing error. Usually caused by hardware components, Mainboard or chipset drivers.

BSODHunter, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    how to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) ???

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we will need the following details:

• When do you the error message?
    • Which build version and edition of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As per the dump file shared by you, the error seems to be with the Cache of the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Caring1 Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) BSOD

What model CPU and make and model number of Motherboard.
    Sounds like a CPU error.
    Is it on the compatibility list?

Caring1, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM? - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Just purchased a new custom built computer about a month ago, and since receiving I've been dealing with random freezes. I have reset windows. I have updated all drivers, updated the bios, run hd tune, memtest 86, intel processor diagnostics. Temperatures all are fine so...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Just purchased a new custom built computer about a month ago, and since receiving I've been dealing with random freezes. I have reset windows. I have updated all drivers, updated the bios, run hd tune, memtest 86, intel processor diagnostics. Temperatures all are fine so...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: My PC keeps restarting and BSoD'ing and after opening the .dmp file for the error, it said "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124" which it says is a fatal hardware error. I ran !errrec on the "address of the nt!_WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure" but the actual error codes are missing, and...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?: Hi there!Just got the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124" BSOD while playing game. After the restart everything is ok. But I would like to know what was the reason if possible.System info:- "Fresh" Windows Pro x64 21H1 installed about a week ago within Media Creation tool- only...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 reason CPU or RAM?: Hi there!Just got the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124" BSOD while playing game. After the restart everything is ok. But I would like to know what was the reason if possible.System info:- "Fresh" Windows Pro x64 21H1 installed about a week ago within Media Creation tool- only...
  7. WHEA_uncorrectable_error 124

WHEA_uncorrectable_error 124: I keep getting this WHEA error, and I figured out how to access the dump file, but I am at a loss to understand what is causing the error. Came someone that understands this please point me to the subsystem causing the error? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124): help me please everyone, while i am using pc random freeze ,this is the Dmp file, not sure is it xmp profile have problem, since I enable xmp, random freeze return, please everyone know how to see Dmp file please help me. thank you...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124): help me please everyone, while i am using pc suddenly freeze ,this is the dmp file thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheauncorrectableerror-124/5bffb16e-144a-4d3d-9b3e-9339d730d261
  10. Whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Whea_uncorrectable_error (124): Hi All, I have seen three or four blue screens on a clients computer and have only just managed to grab the dump file before it disappears. I have submitted the file to osronline and have attached the analysis. The bit that confuses me is that it mentions a fatal hardware...