Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been experiencing system deadlocks/freezes when playing certain games, such as World of Warships and FF14 ever since the last system update. I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christopher Luckson, Aug 14, 2022.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

I've been experiencing system deadlocks/freezes when playing certain games, such as World of Warships and FF14 ever since the last system update. I run every concievable hardware check, fixed windows using DISM, checked memory, ran stress tests on hardware, reinstalled drivers, set my bios to default and made sure my hardware was not overclocked but nothing seems to work. I've studied the event log for any sign of the cause, but to no avail. My only successful deduction was from scanning the dump files using windows debugging tools. If anyone can help me resolve this problem, I'd very much app

:)

Christopher Luckson, Aug 14, 2022

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

Same like this:
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod - Windows 10 Forums

Code:
    "BUS OBS Error": Observing error. Usually caused by hardware components, Mainboard or chipset drivers.

BSODHunter, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    how to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) ???

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we will need the following details:

• When do you the error message?
    • Which build version and edition of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As per the dump file shared by you, the error seems to be with the Cache of the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 14, 2022
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) on intel nuc NUC7i3BN and 1809 17763.104

So, I have been troubleshooting lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124).

It ususally happens returning from sleep\hibernate at log in screen. If the nuc is slow to start I can pretty much predict it will bsod.

the nuc has two banks for memory, and I have 8x2 Gb installed. Tried only upper and lower bank, and it still crashed.

All the minidumps says :

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

but the process can be different. minidumps

Any advice? Last step is reinstall before contacting the shop for a replacement

[table][tr][td]
    [/td][/tr][/table]

mmikeolson, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello there!As of building a new PC recently im getting the error above while gaming. Two times it was a green screen freeze, and the last time it was a green screen freeze with white cubes on the screen. All three times I had to restart the PC with the power button. I bought...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello there!As of building a new PC recently im getting the error above while gaming. Two times it was a green screen freeze, and the last time it was a green screen freeze with white cubes on the screen. All three times I had to restart the PC with the power button. I bought...
  4. LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Submission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Submission: Dear Microsoft Support, I am encountering recurring LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR problems on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system and would like to report this issue for further assistance. Below are the details of my system: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600...
  5. LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Submission

LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Submission: Dear Microsoft Support, I am encountering recurring LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR problems on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system and would like to report this issue for further assistance. Below are the details of my system: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600...
  6. LiveKernelEvent Code 124 and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Submission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - PC Crashes peripherals turn off, screen goes black and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - PC Crashes peripherals turn off, screen goes black and...: Hi,I need help troubleshooting a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 that has been causing me a headache for the past 6 months.About once or twice a day, my PC screen will go black, all peripherals turn off. And I have to force a hard power off to reset the PC.There are no logs...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - PC Crashes peripherals turn off, screen goes black and...

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - PC Crashes peripherals turn off, screen goes black and...: Hi,I need help troubleshooting a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 that has been causing me a headache for the past 6 months.About once or twice a day, my PC screen will go black, all peripherals turn off. And I have to force a hard power off to reset the PC.There are no logs...
  9. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  10. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...