Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - At random while watching media content

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - At random while watching media content in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a plethora of BSOD's today all of the sudden, I used my machine yesterday evening without any problems, fell asleep, woke up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Miyamotoz, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Miyamotoz Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - At random while watching media content

Hello,

I have been having a plethora of BSOD's today all of the sudden, I used my machine yesterday evening without any problems, fell asleep, woke up 8 hours later with my PC still turned on and did everything I normally do without problems until few hours later it randomly showed a black screen and rebooted.

Afterwards I have been having a crazy amount of BSOD's over and over, all of them seem to happen whenever I have Firefox open with Twitch streams or other video material. I currently have Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) open for 1-2 hours and no problems as of yet.

Many sources claim it can be overclock causing the issues, but when I set these overclocks they were stable after one day of stress testing and have been stable afaik for like 6 months before today. So it seems strange to me that the overclock would go unstable within a day when it was fine before.

The only thing that gave me errors was memtestwhile I had my XMP profile active; After disabling the XMP profile it didn't return any errors over all the passes. Which makes it even harder to find out if RAM is actually defective or that the XMP profile was making it unstable. But the BSOD's still happened after disabling the XMP-profile though.

This machine was assembled in April of 2019 so it's not a very old machine either...
    Specs:
    Mainboard: ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (1502 bios update)
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11 GB
    RAM: Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz C15
    Audio-interface: Scarlett 8i6 3rd gen

1. Hard drives: chkdsk - no errors
    2. sfc /scannow Didnt find any problems
    3. Dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth - No component store corruption detected.
    4. Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - No component store corruption detected.
    5. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - The restore operation completed successfully.
    6. Turned off XMP Profile in BIOS
    7. Loaded optimized defaults to reset every setting I changed regarding overclocking I did on my CPU
    8. Removed some software
    9. Installed newest Nvidia drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Audio drivers
    10. BIOS is up-to-date and other drivers seemingly are as well.\
    11. Windows is up-to-date
    12. Virusscan/rootkit scan no results
    13. Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool - All passed
    14. Prime95 1 hour test - No crash/errors

Windows version: Windows 10 - Version 2004
    Nvidia drivers: 451.67

First BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
    - Pastebin.com
    Second BSOD: - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (f7)
    ******************************************************************************* - Pastebin.com

Third BSOD: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64Copyright (c) Micro - Pastebin.com

Every following BSOD: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64Copyright (c) Micro - Pastebin.com

:)

Miyamotoz, Aug 9, 2020
  2. diznanl Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

Attachment 162250

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Aug 9, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - At random while watching media content - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR random while

2. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  3. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing: Hi everyone, I'm having a problem I tried to fix for the last couple of months without results. While playing games in particular like assettocorsa but NOT while stressing the CPU/GPU using for example occt, unigine or IntelBurnTestV2 I get a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...
  5. BSOD while gaming / watching videos / randomly

BSOD while gaming / watching videos / randomly: I have been getting errors and crashes for a few months, but it's been happening more and more frequently and it's driving me crazy. I just finished doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and now it's still occurring. I upgraded all my drivers and it didn't help. I tried sfc...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random: Hello everyone, This has been bugging me for nearly a year now, I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random, I've tried a fair few things, it's had a APU RMA (initially thought it was a Graphics issue), I've had both RAM sticks out indivually to see if it was one...
  7. Random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: It's been a week. Happens about 5 times already. Randomly And don't even show the BSOD, PC just crashes with a White or Dark Gray screen. I just see after PC restart in the Minidump folder: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Attachment 116734 74608
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching videos

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching videos: Hello, 1st time posting in this forums. I'm getting the bsod in title whenever I watch any video. It can be from youtube, something I downloaded, etc. It can happen as soon as a few seconds into the video or hours can pass, sometimes never. This started last month when I...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling: My computer recently started restarting or freezing up randomly while I am not using it. I looked back through event viewer and saw bug check reboots so I ran whocrashed which game me WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I am using the system just fine right now so the issue is...
  10. Random BSOD while watching Youtube video

Random BSOD while watching Youtube video: Was watching a Youtube video when suddenly I got this BSOD called UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Thanks in advance! 32640