Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, but here it goes: I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for around 6.5 hours so far over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Beatriz J., Dec 8, 2023.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, but here it goes: I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for around 6.5 hours so far over several days without any hiccups. However, today I've encountered over 5 BSOD crashes at the same spot during a single cutscene, and all of them sported the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" message. This has not happened with any other games, or during doing anything else. I use Windows 11, and below are my Lenovo laptop's specifics: Device name:

:)

Beatriz J., Dec 8, 2023

2. Horizon Zero Dawn ?

Will Horizon Zero Dawn ( Play Station 4 ) be coming to Microsoft store as a hybrid platform PC conversion title for Win 10 at some point in the future ?

Arcus Cloud, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Blue screen crashes

Hi Howard,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing blue screen errors. If yes, the error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message you received may possibly occur due to a hardware error.
    To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform
    the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn

The system blue screen when playing the game, the code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is displayed

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a Blue Screen error on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. Does this issue occur with a specific game?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the computer?
    4. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

As you are receiving a whea uncorrectable error, it means that a hardware error has occurred. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed.

If you have overclocked the processor, I would suggest you to reset it to the base clock and check if the issue persists. Also, make sure that all the cooling systems such as fans are functional.

For additional information, see Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue screen when playing Horizon Zero Dawn: Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, but here it goes: I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for around 6.5 hours so far over several days without any hiccups. However, today I've encountered over 5 BSOD crashes at the same spot during a single cutscene,...
  3. Getting a Blue Screen / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a Blue Screen / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR playing games: So far this issue has only occurred while playing games. It has happened while playing League of Legends and They Are Billions, not sure if the game matters. While playing the games, my computer crashes and gives me the blue screen with the : face and says the...
  4. Getting a Blue Screen / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Blue Screen / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR playing games: So far this issue has only occurred while playing games. It has happened while playing League of Legends and They Are Billions, not sure if the game matters. While playing the games, my computer crashes and gives me the blue screen with the : face and says the...
  5. Getting a Blue Screen / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Horizon Zero Dawn Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizon Zero Dawn Crashing: Cracked version of Horizon Zero Dawn is always crashing in the middle of the game. Please help to fix this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/horizon-zero-dawn-crashing/97ceab7e-4c59-4602-ac3c-722ea2be260c
  7. whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen

whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen: Hi I have an Asus r419un laptop and running win 10. I face "whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen" error; surprisingly, when I'm using the laptop, it does not happen, but when I stop working leaving the laptop alone for a few minutes it occurs. as long as I do sth with...
  8. Blue Screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, since yesterday i'm getting blue screens and that error. How can i solve it? Thanks Best regards, Ricardo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-and-wheauncorrectableerror/03dbd0bc-55ac-42f9-99e6-9e6d315dfaaf
  9. Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello Everyone, i hope this doesn’t take much of your time but it will be appriciated. I get a blue screen crash for multiple processes, and makes it to where windows wont boot anymore. It forces me to start a system restore. i create restore points frequently due to this...
  10. Blue Screen - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Blue Screen - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, I have been having this problem for some time now. The computer will BSOD several times before becoming functional, and even then running certain applications will BSOD it immediately. Running Visual Studio 2017 causes this. I expect because it's accessing some hardware...