Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed a strange issue today. I am using a Samsung monitor as the second screen. So whenever I want to use only the second screen Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mubas001, Jun 28, 2020.

1. mubas001 Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen

Hello, I noticed a strange issue today. I am using a Samsung monitor as the second screen. So whenever I want to use only the second screen Samsung montior I go to project --> Second Screen only. When I select this my laptop screen goes black. Unfortunately when i start using the second screen i.e. opening a few applications suddenly, I get a blue screen with this error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". Initally, i thought it might be a voltage error or some hardware issue. So i rebooted the device. But then i noticed after few attempts that whenever I try to use only the second screen I get this error message. Can someone please provide an intuition in this regard?

:)

mubas001, Jun 28, 2020

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Blue Screen Appearances when using browser

Hello Judy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you for the issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Does this issue occurs only while accessing a specific browser or with all browsers?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you get Blue screen error?
    • Which are the troubleshooting steps you have already tried to resolve this issue earlier?

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Kindly reply to us with the answers to the questions asked and the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Stop Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi,

This might be caused by faulty driver, hardware issues or antivirus software problems. We suggest checking this
    article that has steps on how to resolve stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears

2. Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...: I connect my laptop to a larger monitor, keyboard, mouse etc and never want anything shown on the laptop screen when connected to the external monitor partially cos it's a 4K screen and I'm connecting to a 1080p monitor and it screws around a bit when I do this, and partially...
  3. Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a program to force Windows to use second screen only when projecting instead of...: I connect my laptop to a larger monitor, keyboard, mouse etc and never want anything shown on the laptop screen when connected to the external monitor partially cos it's a 4K screen and I'm connecting to a 1080p monitor and it screws around a bit when I do this, and partially...
  4. The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI: I have a windows 11, and I'm trying to connect a third screen with an hdmi adaptor. My graphic says I can hold 4 screens, therefore there is no issue there. I have same graphic in other computer and it's working well with the adaptor of HDMI.I have :- unplugged, replugged and...
  5. The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI: I have a windows 11, and I'm trying to connect a third screen with an hdmi adaptor. My graphic says I can hold 4 screens, therefore there is no issue there. I have same graphic in other computer and it's working well with the adaptor of HDMI.I have :- unplugged, replugged and...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only: Hello.I am using an Acer Monitor/Sony TV as the second screen with my Alienware 17 r3 laptop. So whenever I want to use only the second screen/TV I go to project --> Second Screen only. When I select this my laptop screen goes black. Unfortunately when i start using the...
  7. Screen bug when using second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen bug when using second monitor: Hello, Sometimes one specific bug appears on my main or secondary monitor, when apps are in full screen. It's like 1/5 of the screen at the top is not responsive and shows nonsense view. What i mean, if i use acrobat reader and want to press anything on the panel, it just...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only when playing games!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only when playing games!: So i keep BSODing with a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" whenever i have been trying to play games for the past two days. Happens on all games from ones i can run easily to ones that the PC struggles with, all take around 30-45 minutes before BSOD So far i have made sure my...
  9. Only using a second monitor when it's turned on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only using a second monitor when it's turned on: Hi all, I was just wondering if it's possible for my pc to automatically detect if my second monitor is on or not. I want to use my Samsung qled to play some games with a controller from my couch but when it's of or on a different channel I want my pc to only use my main...
  10. Stuck on this blue screen, error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on this blue screen, error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dom2355 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejm5u4/stuck_on_this_blue_screen_error_code_whea/