Windows 10: Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen

Discus and support Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This problem's been going on for about three weeks now. Laptop is Acer Nitro AN515-54, Windows 10 build 19045.2728, about two years old. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by somnomania5, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen

This problem's been going on for about three weeks now. Laptop is Acer Nitro AN515-54, Windows 10 build 19045.2728, about two years old. When the laptop is shifted, bumped, sometimes when the screen is angled differently, it does one of three things: it freezes completely, the screen goes backlit black but my repair guy tried an external monitor when this happened and said the whole system was frozen, because nothing happened, or it does this BSOD, which sits at 0% and never advances or generates a dump file.It first happened while I was watching a video in VLC, which scared me because I c

:)

somnomania5, Apr 2, 2023

2. Whea_Uncorrectable_error

I have liquid cooling. It just freezes and just goes straight to the blue screen. There is also no error code that comes up its just Whea_uncorrectable_error

DanCartaginese, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen

how to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) ???

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we will need the following details:

• When do you the error message?
    • Which build version and edition of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As per the dump file shared by you, the error seems to be with the Cache of the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen

1. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen - Similar Threads - Whea_Uncorrectable_Error freezing dark

2. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen: This problem's been going on for about three weeks now. Laptop is Acer Nitro AN515-54, Windows 10 build 19045.2728, about two years old. When the laptop is shifted, bumped, sometimes when the screen is angled differently, it does one of three things: it freezes completely,...
  3. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea_Uncorrectable_Error, freezing, dark screen: This problem's been going on for about three weeks now. Laptop is Acer Nitro AN515-54, Windows 10 build 19045.2728, about two years old. When the laptop is shifted, bumped, sometimes when the screen is angled differently, it does one of three things: it freezes completely,...
  4. Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hi,I am facing random freezes and black screens during playing games. It happens everyday at least one time per day. Sometime it happens few minutes after running the game. I have used WinDbg to analyse .dmp file. Could you help me to fix this?HEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A...
  5. Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hi,I am facing random freezes and black screens during playing games. It happens everyday at least one time per day. Sometime it happens few minutes after running the game. I have used WinDbg to analyse .dmp file. Could you help me to fix this?HEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A...
  6. Screen freezes & goes dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes & goes dark: Hey friends... Yesterday I made another topic - Weird issues since last update probably ? I am not sure, if this is related to the other one or not. Last night, I was watching some sport highlights on youtube & fell asleep, when I woke up & woke the laptop from sleep mode - I...
  7. whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen

whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen: Hi I have an Asus r419un laptop and running win 10. I face "whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen" error; surprisingly, when I'm using the laptop, it does not happen, but when I stop working leaving the laptop alone for a few minutes it occurs. as long as I do sth with...
  8. Blue Screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, since yesterday i'm getting blue screens and that error. How can i solve it? Thanks Best regards, Ricardo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-and-wheauncorrectableerror/03dbd0bc-55ac-42f9-99e6-9e6d315dfaaf
  9. Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello Everyone, i hope this doesn’t take much of your time but it will be appriciated. I get a blue screen crash for multiple processes, and makes it to where windows wont boot anymore. It forces me to start a system restore. i create restore points frequently due to this...
  10. Blue Screen - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Blue Screen - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, I have been having this problem for some time now. The computer will BSOD several times before becoming functional, and even then running certain applications will BSOD it immediately. Running Visual Studio 2017 causes this. I expect because it's accessing some hardware...