Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing me

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am having a real issue figuring out why I keep getting intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR System as follows Xeon e5-2690v3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pauloberman, Nov 16, 2020.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing me

Hello everyone. I am having a real issue figuring out why I keep getting intermittent

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

System as follows

Xeon e5-2690v3

Huananzhi X99 F8 motherboard

64gig DDR4 2133 ecc

NVme samusng 970 ssd

MSI gtx 1660 super gaming x

The system started giving me sleep / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORS

wouldn't wake

would wake with whea

would restart from wake

I tried various things including:

sfc/scannow in cmd

Tweaking repair utility in safe

reseating memory

checking temps

After several changes, I reinstalled os. Wake issues seemed fixed, then started again.

I had the video card overclocked, so I reset it to normal no change

I had the had the memory timings tightened, which were run for 12 hours on memtest for stress stability. I losened them. still getting issues

I have made a bunch of system adjustment, which are recommended for sleep issues and it seem to be working now, but I have been fooled before.

I am attaching the minidump. Same every time.

MINIDUMP

Would love any ideas on how to straighten this out

thx

:)

pauloberman, Nov 16, 2020

2. How to fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?

I would like to inform that the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture
    (WHEA).

I suggest you to refer to the below article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Refer: Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hope it helps. If the issue still persist reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Stop Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi,

This might be caused by faulty driver, hardware issues or antivirus software problems. We suggest checking this
    article that has steps on how to resolve stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing me

how to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) ???

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we will need the following details:

• When do you the error message?
    • Which build version and edition of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As per the dump file shared by you, the error seems to be with the Cache of the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing me

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing me - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR killing

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only: Hello.I am using an Acer Monitor/Sony TV as the second screen with my Alienware 17 r3 laptop. So whenever I want to use only the second screen/TV I go to project --> Second Screen only. When I select this my laptop screen goes black. Unfortunately when i start using the...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Okay, so I have had my computer around 2 years. I have replaced the ram and still continue to have this BSOD problem. It seems to be when I either have discord open or even sometimes after downloading something new. I have also completely deleted discord off my computer and...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD Loop

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD Loop: My PC was working fine for the past year until it performed some updates overnight. Afterwards it keeps showing BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR this is the only Stop Code I have been getting with my BSODs. I am unable to get to the Windows login screen because the...
  5. Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Intermittent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: 2 months ago, I had to reinstall a new Windows copy on my HP laptop using installation media created from another pc. After that, my laptop started having BSOD which is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It happens very randomly a few times a day or once every few days. It happens...
  6. Windows 10 restart loop with whea_uncorrectable_error

Windows 10 restart loop with whea_uncorrectable_error: My PC cannot boot into Windows. After starting, it blue screens with whea_uncorrectable_error, then restarts.I have run Dell's hardware diagnostics from the pre-boot startup menu, and it says all hardware tests pass.I have created installation media on a USB drive from Dell's...
  7. BSOD: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (MiniDump)

BSOD: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (MiniDump): Hello, I am getting a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR's lately. I attached the latest MiniDump file. I think its becouse of GenuineIntel (was in the MiniDump), but i ran a full CPU check with the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool. Ran a Memory check and hardware check but...
  8. PC WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Problem: Bilgisayarım yeni ve windows'u en güncel iso dosyası yardımıyla UEFI aracılığı ile kurdum fakat ara ara mavi ekran verip kapanıyor. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR diyor ve bir süre açılmıyor. Lütfen yardımcı olun....
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: So, I've been getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD multiple times a day for a little under a month now. I cannot offer the dump files since everytime the BSOD happens the event log record "Dump file was not created due to error during dump file creation". I've tried to...
  10. Random BSODs, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR please look at my minidump and memory dump

Random BSODs, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR please look at my minidump and memory dump: My friend got a new computer and since he got it, it's been randomly bluescreening with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR error. Updated the bios to most current one and thought it helped but it just happened again. It's never happened with the system at load can't get it to crash...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whea_uncorrectable_error