Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been experiencing system instability for a few weeks now. My desktop PC would start giving bluescreen crash reports more and more frequently. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MozzerV12, Nov 16, 2020.

1. MozzerV12 Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included

I have been experiencing system instability for a few weeks now. My desktop PC would start giving bluescreen crash reports more and more frequently. I started with a reinstall of windows but this did not fix the issue. I then started to run diagnostics and troubleshooting from the search results that I looked up but could not find anything to pinpoint the problem. Eventually I began swapping out every component. Eventually I swapped the CPU to a brand new AMD 5950x and immediately the regular bluescreen crashes ceased, so I felt this was the main issue. However since swapping out the CPU, motherboard, memory, PSU and testing another known good GPU and reinstalling windows again I have begun to have further crashes. They have become very irregular now so I suspect that while the original CPU was the main problem before I am now looking at a different problem as I have had my PC on for over 48 hours and used it casually without a crash, but just had another crash a short while ago.

Below is a link to the 4 crash dumps I have received since completely rebuilding this PC with all new hardware CPU, motherboard, memory, PSU as noted above. And the system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD 5950x

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz 32GB 16x2

GPU: Nvidia RTX2080 Super 8GB EVGA

PSU: Corsair HX1000

OS drive: Sabrent 1TB SSD

Other drives: 2x Gigabyte Aorus 2TB SSD

In addition to the above info I have already carried out the following tests and diagnostics which have not revealed anything informative or resolved the problem:

Ran sfc /scannow

Ran CHKDSK on all drives with /f and /r

Ran Memtest86 for multiple passes with 0 errors

Error checked all SSDs with windows and Seatools and Gigabyte SSD toolbox - no errors

Cleaned interior of PC, reseated components and cables

Ran Prime95 stress test for 10 minutes without a crash

Ran AIDA64 stress test for 10 minutes without a crash

Updated all the drivers for devices that I could possibly find, including BIOS, motherboard, GPU, windows updates, firmware for SSDs

I have swapped out, replaced all the hardware I can, and updated all the software I can and still no closer to either determining the cause of this latest problem or resolving it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Link to crashdumps below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qSffIWzPDUnukMjZO4okJ4IqXYWw4zSe?usp=sharing

:)

MozzerV12, Nov 16, 2020

2. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Nov 16, 2020
  3. diznanl Win User
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Thanks, axe0

How do I explain what steps I took... I ran dm_log_collector.exe but not sure how results were actually acquired/interpreted.

I need to be able to explain steps I took and steps taken to reproduce.

Attachment 162250

thanks, in advance!

diznanl, Nov 16, 2020
  4. bruinator Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD

2. Troubleshooting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshooting multiple BSOD: Hi, I've had multiple bluescreens with varying messages, most commonly the "faulty hardware corrupted" one.This is on a windows 10 pc with mostly new parts:AMD Ryzen 7 7700Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU CoolerASRock B650 PG Lightning ATX AM5 MotherboardKingston...
  3. Troubleshooting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting multiple BSOD: Hi, I've had multiple bluescreens with varying messages, most commonly the "faulty hardware corrupted" one.This is on a windows 10 pc with mostly new parts:AMD Ryzen 7 7700Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU CoolerASRock B650 PG Lightning ATX AM5 MotherboardKingston...
  4. Troubleshooting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 BSOD multiple troubleshooting steps done looking for advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD multiple troubleshooting steps done looking for advice: Hey, Having trouble Narrowing down my pc problems , multiple times a day I get a BSOD sometimes it leads to the system not booting telling me my windows is corrupted I shut the system down and it starts again just fine . I Have went through multiple steps already to resolve...
  6. Windows 11 BSOD multiple troubleshooting steps done looking for advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD multiple troubleshooting steps done looking for advice: Hey, Having trouble Narrowing down my pc problems , multiple times a day I get a BSOD sometimes it leads to the system not booting telling me my windows is corrupted I shut the system down and it starts again just fine . I Have went through multiple steps already to resolve...
  7. Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken: What I've done so far: Allow computer to sleep [ATTACH] Checked power requests [ATTACH] But there is no corresponding Windows Update service (USOSvc) in Task Manager Services. [ATTACH] What else can I do? [img] 167605
  8. New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find

New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find: I've recently just put together my first PC but I have been getting lots of crashes and BSODs. The crashes seem to come when I am playing audio or video, but that's the only connection I can see. I've spent hours researching online and troubleshooting the BSOD codes, but they...
  9. BSOD HELP WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR minidump & system information included

BSOD HELP WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR minidump & system information included: can anyone help me with this dump its keep happening after a few hours while playing games, I install new drivers and all and check temp and is not overheating https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiRDtaRXo74ngcpWYp9ScTDPvJqm7g?e=QfMMQx...
  10. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error into multiple Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error into multiple Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hello there! Yesterday evening, as I was playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I received a BSOD "Whea_Uncorrectable_Error". After my computer did the usual reboot, after having logged into Windows 10, in less than a minute the PC crashed again with a...