Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on every startup

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on every startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Almost every time I restart my PC, it freezes in the middle of startup. Either it completely freezes on the Lenovo loading screen and nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sop21, Oct 8, 2019.

1. sop21 Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on every startup

Almost every time I restart my PC, it freezes in the middle of startup. Either it completely freezes on the Lenovo loading screen and nothing happens at all, or I get the blue screen and the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" message. I suspect this is happening after my computer automatically updates, so I've temporarily paused updates for now and uninstalled the most recent ones.

Usually I turn my PC on and off until I get to the WinRE screen, then click "Continue to Windows 10" and I can use it normally from there. It's just annoying. I suppose I could just delay updates indefinitely but I'm not 100% sure that's the cause of the problem, and that also just seems like a bad idea generally??

I've read that this error could also mean I need to update my driver, but in Device Manager it says my driver (Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620) is up to date. I've tried resetting my PC as well and that didn't resolve the issue.

My device is a Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 920. Any help at all is appreciated.

:)

sop21, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 8, 2019
  3. How to fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?

I would like to inform that the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture
    (WHEA).

I suggest you to refer to the below article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Refer: Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hope it helps. If the issue still persist reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Stop Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi,

This might be caused by faulty driver, hardware issues or antivirus software problems. We suggest checking this
    article that has steps on how to resolve stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on every startup - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR every startup

2. Bluescreen on every startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen on every startup: Good day. I am having recent BSOD from the past few days until now. On every bootup whenever the windows login appears it suddenly bluescreens with the error IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. I have checked the reliability monitor and apparently the WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe was...
  3. Bluescreen on every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen on every startup: Good day. I am having recent BSOD from the past few days until now. On every bootup whenever the windows login appears it suddenly bluescreens with the error IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. I have checked the reliability monitor and apparently the WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe was...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup: My computer was completely fine before and I haven't made any changes to the hardwareI noticed it would get slow when I would CTRL+S my document as I'm writing. This was last night when the BSOD errors started happening just 1 minute after startup no matter what I do, even if...
  5. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup: My computer was completely fine before and I haven't made any changes to the hardwareI noticed it would get slow when I would CTRL+S my document as I'm writing. This was last night when the BSOD errors started happening just 1 minute after startup no matter what I do, even if...
  6. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi Ma'am/Sir, Good Day, How Can I resolve this problem? I always encounter this WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR for the whole day. It did not happened dated July 5, 6, and 7, 2020 it started this error july 8, 2020 Troubleshooting done: 1. chkdsk /f /r still having the same...
  8. whea_uncorrectable_error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whea_uncorrectable_error: I am getting the whea_uncorrectable_error but only when using internet. It happens quicker if I have more than 1 internet tab open. I've tried changing browsers but that hasn't made a differience....
  9. BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello. I'm so glad to have found this forum! My laptop is about 6 months old. i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHZ. 16GM Memory. Nearly every day I get a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I'm typically am not doing anything with a heavy load like gaming. Although, If I'm watching...
  10. Password at every startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password at every startup: Win 10 Pro wants password at every logon. Tried various things..with netplwiz.exe,changing from Microsoft account to domain (sole PC) and this registry hack: [img] 16722