Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; With the windbg working suboptimally during this upgrade period having these additional tools may be useful: 1) bluescreenview 2) whocrashed 3)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by diznanl, Oct 24, 2017.

1. diznanl Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error

Backup Complete:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error [​IMG]

I'll now go through the steps mentioned:

• startup and recovery settings with automatic restart un-checked so that you have time to view the BSOD windows.....
    • In the left lower corner search type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab in startup and recovery > click settings > under system failure > un-check automatic restart
    • For whocrashed above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    • Click analyze > look for dead in the results

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  2. diznanl Win User

What should I do at this point?

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  3. diznanl Win User
    Wait, I think I understand...

Make sure automatic restart is unticked, then run Driver Verifier? Or was just using who crashed enough?

Just wondering if I should restart and post Minidumps again or whether I missed a step

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Having automatic restart un-checked will be useful for all dumps as you will have time to view the bsod windows. If there is a misbehaving driver displayed you then have the immediate analysis.

The Whocrashed is a software tool that can be used to confirm that dumps are properly set to record with the crash dump test.

The Whocrashed and Bluescreenview are able to perform preliminary analysis and sometimes the preliminary analysis displays the misbehaving driver. More often Windbg is needed to debug the dumps and find the misbehaving drivers.

If you get the dead confirmation with whocrashed you then know that the dumps are configured so that they are created. Then any of the above analyzing software can be used to process the dump.

Windows driver verifier is useful in finding misbehaving drivers and if you replace a misbehaving driver you can immediately test the replacement. Sometimes the newest driver also misbehaves and a roll back driver could end up being the most stable driver.

So you have the option to wait and see if there are spontaneous misbehaving drivers or use Windows driver verifier to find misbehaving drivers. With your experience and prior use of Windows driver verifier it may be useful in finding other misbehaving drivers.

If there are only WHEA 0x124 bugchecks then the removal or swap of problematic hardware could eliminate the bsod and confirm the problematic hardware. Also if the WHEA errors in the event log disappear this would add an additional confirmation to the problematic hardware.

zbook, Nov 2, 2017
  5. diznanl Win User
    DAN-PC-Thu_11_02_2017_150810_18.zip

Here's the latest from using WhoCrashed

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  6. diznanl Win User

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    There is not a lot more we can do now until you run your system normally for a while and monitor what happens. The last crash was caused deliberately by you following @zbook instructions and was simply to demonstrate that your system is reacting correctly in the event of a crash.

When (or if) you have more BSOD events then you need to post a new set of files for us to analyse.

philc43, Nov 2, 2017
  8. diznanl Win User

Thank you, I understood about 85% of what you were mentioning, but still have little experience actually analyzing the results of the tests.

Would you recommend I use Driver Verifier again and if/when I get I get a BSOD, take a picture and post it?

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    The bsod window and the windbg confirmed that whocrashed is working properly. We already knew that dumps were being properly created.
    Please make sure that you don't have software settings that remove dumps:
    If you use Ccleaner > click on windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > for system make sure that memory dumps is unchecked. Also windows error reporting and logs are sometimes useful for troubleshooting so please un-check Windows log files and Windows error reporting.

In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk cleanup > click ok > look for system error memory dumps files and system created Windows error reporting and make sure these boxes are un-checked.

The latest DM log collector displayed the loss of most of the mini dumps.

For the dumps we don't need the pictures but if you find something in the whocrashed analysis or bluescreen analysis that is useful you can post that. Again we usually have more in depth analysis with Windbg but some of the common commands are not working during this Windows upgrade period.

zbook, Nov 2, 2017
  10. diznanl Win User
    I did run CCleaner yesterday, but none of the Windows Log or Error Reporting options were selected or used:

As to Disk Cleanup options, I only have Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, Device Driver Packages, and Thumbnails selected. I don't recall when I last used this, but it may have been right before I installed my latest Samsung SSD ... maybe a month ago?

I'm currently running Driver Verifier with automatic restart unticked.

I have made a backup of SOME of my Minidump files... I can add these back to the Minidump folder under C:\Windows\Minidump if that is preferable.

Thanks,

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  11. diznanl Win User

diznanl, Nov 2, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    The DM log collectors throughout the thread have all of the mini dumps.
    It's nice to have them in every dm log collector but they were almost all 0x124.

In addition there was a memory dump to debug.
    Unfortunately this could not be fully debugged with the commands not all working.

Of the more than 30 mini dumps there were only 3 that displayed bugchecks other than 0x124.
    10/20 18:02
    10/24 12:18
    And the most recent dump.

Bugcheck 139 displayed Focusrite as the misbehaving driver.
    The other displayed bugcheck 101.
    Philc43 suggested the network driver with bugcheck A.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Random reboots and 0x124 error - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Random reboots

2. blue screen 0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen 0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Passes all tests without failures, crashes at random time, checked all hard drives and SSDs connected one by one, checked peripherals, checked operational memory via memtes86 one passMiniDumper 1.8 Damp: 021822-24453-01.dmp 18.02.2022 10:19:40 Code: 0x124 -...
  3. blue screen 0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen 0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Passes all tests without failures, crashes at random time, checked all hard drives and SSDs connected one by one, checked peripherals, checked operational memory via memtes86 one passMiniDumper 1.8 Damp: 021822-24453-01.dmp 18.02.2022 10:19:40 Code: 0x124 -...
  4. blue screen 0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Needing help solving WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Needing help solving WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x124: For a some months now I've been trying to fix a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSoD and I'm getting to the point of grasping at straws. The issue only occurs whilst intensive gaming and happens within 1 to 2 hours. I've already done a RMA to the GPU itself, checked thermals on all...
  6. Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 home 64-bit and updated all my drivers. I've been getting error #132 fatal exceptions while playing world of warcraft seemingly randomly. I've had 47 in the last 30 days. Their tech support was unable to assist and after...
  7. BSOD randomly - 0x124

BSOD randomly - 0x124: hello *Smile well... thank you for the great forum i do really enjoy reading those tutorials and guide about the pc world I'am having bad time with my desktop trying to fix the BSOD problem so , it occurs randomly no specific time or period the thing is i was using my...
  8. BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: i have had this error for like a month, tested all components on the Pc and none of them seems to be failing, so i started searching so i can figured out which component is failing according to minidump file according to minidump it say Genuine_Intel so i believe that was...
  9. Random Restarts with 0x124 Dump

Random Restarts with 0x124 Dump: Hi, and thanks in advance for any and all assistance, and sorry if this turns into a long post! I have a problem that has been infuriating me for the past month or so. I was away for studies for about 5 months, and once I returned, fired up my PC again for the first time....
  10. Bsod 0x124 whea_uncorrectable_error. Nothing works.

Bsod 0x124 whea_uncorrectable_error. Nothing works.: First sorry for creating a duplicate post. I am insider since before the build 10240, and always tried to resolve this error by myself. I researched a lot and found this forum, which even had posts about my problem. After trying all a bit that I found surfing the...