Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got this error while the PC was booting. Strangely it restarted while it was at 0% so I don't have the dump for it, even though I enabled logging in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pablo239, May 4, 2021.

1. pablo239 Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting

I got this error while the PC was booting. Strangely it restarted while it was at 0% so I don't have the dump for it, even though I enabled logging in the Windows settings. Version is 20H2 build 19042.867

:)

pablo239, May 4, 2021

2. How to fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?

I would like to inform that the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture
    (WHEA).

I suggest you to refer to the below article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Refer: Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hope it helps. If the issue still persist reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 4, 2021
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting

How to fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Hi Alexander.

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to look down the list of your installed hardware for a yellow exclamation mark in
    Device Manager. This means that you have a bad driver for hardware installed on your system.

If you find any such drive, right click on the drive and select Properties and check the Device status.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2021
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming: HiA few days ago while gaming I started getting a BSOD. I got the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then after restarting the game, I got a freeze again and the same error code.What I have tried so far:Restore to System Restore PointFull windows reinstall Win10 Pro 64...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming: HiA few days ago while gaming I started getting a BSOD. I got the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then after restarting the game, I got a freeze again and the same error code.What I have tried so far:Restore to System Restore PointFull windows reinstall Win10 Pro 64...
  4. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?: I'm running windows 11 with a intel core i7-10700F, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and 32 GB of RAM. The computer runs under load just fine, but if it sits idle for too long it bluescreens, usually with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, although I've also gotten the occasional...
  5. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?: I'm running windows 11 with a intel core i7-10700F, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and 32 GB of RAM. The computer runs under load just fine, but if it sits idle for too long it bluescreens, usually with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, although I've also gotten the occasional...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing: Hi everyone, I'm having a problem I tried to fix for the last couple of months without results. While playing games in particular like assettocorsa but NOT while stressing the CPU/GPU using for example occt, unigine or IntelBurnTestV2 I get a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...
  7. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.: Hey guys; having WHEA's pop up after random amounts of time while playing ARMA, or generally any game, really. CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz GPU - Palit GeForce 2060 RTX RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance @ 2133MHz MBoard - B360M-DS3H - Gigabyte HDD - 2TB HDD Unknown Make/Model SSD...
  8. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while using Chrome

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while using Chrome: Hi All, I have a PC I built about a month or so ago, so far the machine has been great. However in the last 2 weeks or so I've had 2 instances of WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD while using Chrome. The machine is perfectly stable while gaming, so I'm not sure where the problem...
  9. BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: can someone please check my minidump Attachment 90761 55918
  10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling: My computer recently started restarting or freezing up randomly while I am not using it. I looked back through event viewer and saw bug check reboots so I ran whocrashed which game me WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I am using the system just fine right now so the issue is...