Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.I am using an Acer Monitor/Sony TV as the second screen with my Alienware 17 r3 laptop. So whenever I want to use only the second screen/TV I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SwaroopBk, Jul 27, 2021.

1. SwaroopBk Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only

Hello.I am using an Acer Monitor/Sony TV as the second screen with my Alienware 17 r3 laptop. So whenever I want to use only the second screen/TV I go to project --> Second Screen only. When I select this my laptop screen goes black. Unfortunately when i start using the second screen i.e. opening a few applications suddenly, I get a blue screen with this error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". And the screen is stuck at 0% for hours.So I rebooted the device and tried many timesi cannot get the dump files no matter how many times i try.It is just stuck at 0%.But when i use the extend screen

:)

SwaroopBk, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) ???

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we will need the following details:

• When do you the error message?
    • Which build version and edition of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As per the dump file shared by you, the error seems to be with the Cache of the Intel processor. I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 27, 2021
  3. mubas001 Win User
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen

Hello, I noticed a strange issue today. I am using a Samsung monitor as the second screen. So whenever I want to use only the second screen (Samsung montior) I go to project --> Second Screen only. When I select this my laptop screen goes black. Unfortunately
    when i start using the second screen i.e. opening a few applications suddenly, I get a blue screen with this error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". Initally, i thought it might be a voltage error or some hardware issue. So i rebooted the device. But then i
    noticed after few attempts that whenever I try to use only the second screen I get this error message. Can someone please provide an intuition in this regard?

mubas001, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with second screen only - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR second screen

2. Swap PC Screen Only with Second Screen Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swap PC Screen Only with Second Screen Only: "Project > PC Screen Only" projects to my TV."Project > Second Screen Only" projects to my PC screen.I would like to change which output is considered "PC" and which is considered "Second"I do not want to change which monitor is considered primary in "Project > Extend". This...
  3. Swap PC Screen Only with Second Screen Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swap PC Screen Only with Second Screen Only: "Project > PC Screen Only" projects to my TV."Project > Second Screen Only" projects to my PC screen.I would like to change which output is considered "PC" and which is considered "Second"I do not want to change which monitor is considered primary in "Project > Extend". This...
  4. whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen: Hi I have an Asus r419un laptop and running win 10. I face "whea_uncorrectable_error blue screen" error; surprisingly, when I'm using the laptop, it does not happen, but when I stop working leaving the laptop alone for a few minutes it occurs. as long as I do sth with...
  5. Blue Screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, since yesterday i'm getting blue screens and that error. How can i solve it? Thanks Best regards, Ricardo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-and-wheauncorrectableerror/03dbd0bc-55ac-42f9-99e6-9e6d315dfaaf
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code appears only when using the second screen: Hello, I noticed a strange issue today. I am using a Samsung monitor as the second screen. So whenever I want to use only the second screen Samsung montior I go to project --> Second Screen only. When I select this my laptop screen goes black. Unfortunately when i start using...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only when playing games!

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR only when playing games!: So i keep BSODing with a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" whenever i have been trying to play games for the past two days. Happens on all games from ones i can run easily to ones that the PC struggles with, all take around 30-45 minutes before BSOD So far i have made sure my...
  8. Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello Everyone, i hope this doesn’t take much of your time but it will be appriciated. I get a blue screen crash for multiple processes, and makes it to where windows wont boot anymore. It forces me to start a system restore. i create restore points frequently due to this...
  9. Blue Screen - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Blue Screen - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, I have been having this problem for some time now. The computer will BSOD several times before becoming functional, and even then running certain applications will BSOD it immediately. Running Visual Studio 2017 causes this. I expect because it's accessing some hardware...
  10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue Screen Error

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue Screen Error: Hello, I have been getting repeated Blue Screen Errors for the past few week, but they have all had different error codes. I've been struggling to find solutions to this problem, and have tried many. All of the Blue Screen errors would reach 100% on the error collection but...