Windows 10: Wheel on Microsoft Comfort Mouse not responding

Discus and support Wheel on Microsoft Comfort Mouse not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had this problem, and the following was the fix. uninstall all drivers related to the Microsoft Comfort mouse in 'Device Manager' be careful not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuyTruong2, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Wheel on Microsoft Comfort Mouse not responding

I had this problem, and the following was the fix.

uninstall all drivers related to the Microsoft Comfort mouse in 'Device Manager' be careful not to uninstall the other mouse drivers.

uninstall the Microsoft Comfort Mouse from the PC or laptop's bluetooth devices.

turn of the mouse and take out both batteries and let sit for at least one minute.

reboot the PC or laptop.

install the batteries to the mouse, turn on, and put mouse in discover mode.

on the laptop or PC, pull up the bluetooth app setting and select 'add a bluetooth device'

pair both devices, and it should work.

:)

DuyTruong2, Jul 27, 2020

2. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500's scroll wheel is too sensitive

I bought the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500, the wired one, and the scroll wheel is absolutely over sensitive. No matter what settings I change in the software it came with and in the Windows 10 mouse settings, the scroll wheel scrolls everything way too
    fast, especially in games. Are there any other settings or things I can do to make it not so sensitive? I tried setting the lines to scroll for horizontal and vertically to 1, but nothing changes.

KendraKoopa, Jul 27, 2020
  3. microsoft wireless comfort 5050 desktop - mouse question

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the steps to keep scrolling continuously using the mouse wheel.

1. Press and hold the Mouse Wheel for about
      2 seconds.
    2. The pointer will be changed to a
      circle with up and down arrow.
    3. Move your mouse up and
      down to start scrolling continuously.
    4. To stop scrolling tap the
      Mouse Wheel
      again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Wheel on Microsoft Comfort Mouse not responding

Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 Scrolling Requires More Scrolls

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that scrolling requires more scroll when using Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

We would like to know if the issues only when using a specific program or on all the programs.

However, I would suggest you to download
    Mouse and Keyboard Center 11
    on the computer and check if you can change the scroll settings as per your requirement.

You may also refer the steps mentioned in the section The scroll wheel on my mouse isn't working as I expect
    from the article
    Troubleshoot problems with your Microsoft mouse or keyboard

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Wheel on Microsoft Comfort Mouse not responding

1. Wheel on Microsoft Comfort Mouse not responding - Similar Threads - Wheel Microsoft Comfort

2. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working: I have a microsoft sculpt comfort mouse which has stopped working.I already tried the solutions found on this forum download the new drivers and so on but it still doesn't work.Does anybody know what I can do now?Thanks,...
  3. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse: When I put my hand back on the mouse after taking it off to type, the mouse vibrates and goes back previous webpage, or backs out of email message being written etc.. It's been driving me nuts and I'm sure there is a simple fix but I can't find it.How do I disable this...
  4. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse: When I put my hand back on the mouse after taking it off to type, the mouse vibrates and goes back previous webpage, or backs out of email message being written etc.. It's been driving me nuts and I'm sure there is a simple fix but I can't find it.How do I disable this...
  5. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse

6. Microsoft Wirelesss Comfort 5050 Desktop not responding

Microsoft Wirelesss Comfort 5050 Desktop not responding: Hi, I just got this mouse-keyboard set and both the mouse and the keyboard frequently does not respond. I've had trouble writing "Desktop" on the title above! I occasionnally play games and this is a huge problem....
  7. Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue: I have the mouse less than a year, and it behaves as if the scroll wheel is depressed, causing Windows to engage the scroll mode. The scroll wheel also seems to hit the top of the mouse buttons, which interferes with usage. I need warranty service, but am not able to get...
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse: I love my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse but have a terrible time trying to keep a bluetooth connection. Does Microsoft have a unifying USB receiver that can be used with this model?...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse: I have purchased 2 Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mice over the last 3 years. The first one worked for about a year and a half then started to have sporadic issues which got worse until the mouse was unusable. The biggest issue was random click failure, I would click on something...
  10. Scroll wheel on MS sculpted comfort mouse

Scroll wheel on MS sculpted comfort mouse: Hi, I have a new wireless mouse running on Windows 10 64 bit and I am having issues with scrolling. It works fine on documents but when browsing the internet either on Edge or Chrome is stops working. The drivers are current and when I try to go to the mouse and keyboard...