Windows 10: When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays...

Discus and support When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays mess up all window locations of my programs and desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by McBrown83, Mar 15, 2019.

1. McBrown83 Win User

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays...

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays mess up all window locations of my programs and desktop icons.

The Problem

Hi, in short the title should be sufficient to explain what's going on. However there's more going on.

Apparently Windows 10, or the drivers, creates multiple profiles for each display scenario. This messes up the registry quite a bit and it causes a lot overhead, since I have no clue which profiles are actually being used. After some studying, I'm beginning to understand why it works this way and in a way it actually makes a lot of sense. Programs can keep running as if they still have a display and there is less traffic over the physical cables.

However...

It's totally mismatched. my current profile should exist of two 4k displays (3840x2160) and those should be equally simulated, to prevent distortions of the windows, it keeps squashing all my windows into the top corner of the primary display. And it's a very time consuming task to put them back where I want them.

Cry for help!

please tell me there is a fix for this or even an 3rd party app that can resolve this.

Screenshot

Below is a screenshot of my (very messy) registry and the display configuration profiles.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... [​IMG]

Related

Display (2×)

LG 27UD88W (up to date firmware)

Graphics card

EVGA Geforce 1070 FTW (up to date drivers)

Operation system

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS build: 17134.648

:)

McBrown83, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Chino Win User

LMP Launches 4K 10-port USB-C Display Dock

When it comes to video ports, the Display Dock has them all: HDMI (4K@60 Hz), Mini-DP (4K@30 Hz), DP (4K@30 Hz), DVI (1080p@60 Hz) and VGA (1080p@60 Hz). The Display Dock let's you extend your video content to two external displays (dual 4K monitor support via HDMI & Mini-DP/DP as well as further combinations with VGA and DVI), each at its maximum resolution and refresh rate. It is the only USB-C dock that supports 4K@60 Hz video output via HDMI and it comes at less than half the price of a Thunderbolt dock. Ideal for the professional user, the passionate movie fan or the avid gamer alike - take advantage of 4K video with high-frequency 60 Hz refresh rate.

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... lPasY9humRa9QpiL_thm.jpg

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... Vln5BgheEZWPXOWF_thm.jpg

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... HDO2tb0Z8NSGoY9s_thm.jpg

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... tCEWoVrIgvaYYh2F_thm.jpg

All the video ports and more:
    Besides the 5 video ports, the LMP USB-C Display Dock connects to the outside world via Gigabit Ethernet and its two USB 3.0 ports. One USB 3.0 port can charge a smartphone or tablet with up to 1.5A.

10 ports for (almost) any event:
    • HDMI (4K@60 Hz)
    • Mini-DP (4K@30 Hz)
    • DP (4K@30 Hz)
    • DVI (1080p@60 Hz)
    • VGA (1080p@60 Hz)
    • Gigabit Ethernet
    • 2x USB 3.0 (with 1x 1.5A power output)
    • Audio out (3.5 mm jack)
    • USB-C (Power Delivery and data transfer)

Chino, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays...

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays... - Similar Threads - displays display port

2. 4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution: The 4k wireless display adapter is not displaying the resolution of 1920x1200 and is only displaying up to 1920x1080. If the same monitor is connected to through HDMI straight, the correct resolution is displayed. I checked the firmware and it says that it is the latest...
  3. 4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution: The 4k wireless display adapter is not displaying the resolution of 1920x1200 and is only displaying up to 1920x1080. If the same monitor is connected to through HDMI straight, the correct resolution is displayed. I checked the firmware and it says that it is the latest...
  4. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?: Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display Settings" window so that it matches in size with the other two screens. Because it's resolution is so much higher than the screens,...
  5. Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...: Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many Windows 10 Updates precipitate NEW problems like this one - and recently LOSS User Accounts, Wireless Adaptor problems,...
  6. Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72
  7. Resolution of 4K display changes to 1024 X 768 when the display port goes to stand by or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution of 4K display changes to 1024 X 768 when the display port goes to stand by or...: When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays mess up all window locations of my programs and desktop icons. The Problem Hi, in short the title should be sufficient to explain what's going on. However there's more going on....
  8. When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays...: When 4k displays on display port go standby or power down, the 1024x786 simulated displays mess up all window locations of my programs and desktop icons. The Problem Hi, in short the title should be sufficient to explain what's going on. However there's more going on....
  9. 4k display

4k display: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. 4K Display Issues

4K Display Issues: I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen - 3840x2160 pixels. While installing applications (for example, HP 8640 Printer Assistant, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018) I...