Windows 10: When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7

Discus and support When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good morning, We've had a issue this morning where a machine that has been reimaged into Windows 10 from Windows 7. The machine was onboarded onto... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexanderMilton, Oct 8, 2019.

1. When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7

Good morning,

We've had a issue this morning where a machine that has been reimaged into Windows 10 from Windows 7. The machine was onboarded onto the ATP portal as a Windows 7 device but upon reimage doesn't appear to have been offboarded and onboarded again as a Windows 10 machine.

The machine was rebuilt after an alert on ATP but ATP is still generating alert's against the Windows 7 onboarding of the device.

Does ATP not recognise the Device on the network has changed OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10? We only seem to be having this issue with the one machine, other reimaged machines have updated fine. Does the ATP alert still being active at the time of the reimage cause issues with the off/onboarding process?

We've not had this issue in the past and can't seem to find much infomation on this so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

:)

AlexanderMilton, Oct 8, 2019

2. Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

I still get "You need permission to perform this action" from the Windows 7 machines if I try to write to a Windows 10 share after I made the above changes on the Windows 10 machine.

Jim Grybowski, Oct 8, 2019
  3. windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7

Windows 10 Vs Windows 7 ultimate.

Ehhh, I don't want to vote because I'm mixed. I've had some rather frustrating experiences with Windows 10 due to how updates are rolled out but, when it works I think it's better than Windows 7. When I put Windows back on any of my machines, it will most likely be Windows 10. If 7 is working for you and you don't have a need to go to 10, then I would wait unless you really want DX12 or something.

Aquinus, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7

1. When a machine is reimaged from Windows 7 to 10 ATP is still seeing the machine as Windows 7 - Similar Threads - machine reimaged ATP

2. Upgrading Windows 7 machine to Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Windows 7 machine to Windows 10/11: Hi,I have an old custom-made gaming PC running Windows 7 that I bought 10 years ago. I have not been using it for the past couple of years while I was studying, but now I finally have enough room in my apartment to start using it again. Is it still possible to upgrade the OS...
  3. Error 0xc0210000 when installing Windows 7 on Windows 10 Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0210000 when installing Windows 7 on Windows 10 Machine: I am attempting to install windows 7 on my windows 10 laptop for fun. It is a Lenovo Ideapad5 14ITL05 with a 10th gen Intel Core i5. I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and used Rufus to install the files on a USB drive. I used the tool at...
  4. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  5. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  6. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine: I recently moved my windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits virtual machine Vmware workstation 16 player from my memory card to my laptop to use it. It worked fine 2 times since I moved it but this time it has bluescreened on startup. I have tried safe mode with networking and start...
  8. Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine: I recently moved my windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits virtual machine Vmware workstation 16 player from my memory card to my laptop to use it. It worked fine 2 times since I moved it but this time it has bluescreened on startup. I have tried safe mode with networking and start...
  9. adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine: I have a pc that has windows 10 home on it. I want to add windows 7 on another partition and be able to boot to either win 10 or win 7, how do I do this?...
  10. Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP?: My dad has a computer that used to have windows 7 but something went wrong and he didn't have an installation disk. He had to just load the PC with XP. I'm just wondering if it would be possible to get windows 10 on his computer. 10531

Users found this page by searching for:

1. work computer was reimaged now says other user

2. Query Windows 7 ATP onboarding status