Windows 10: When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition

Discus and support When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This involves Windows 11 Home for me, but I suspect it will apply to Windows 10 Home.I got a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed today made by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by neilpzz, Jan 29, 2023.

1. neilpzz Win User

When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition

This involves Windows 11 Home for me, but I suspect it will apply to Windows 10 Home.I got a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed today made by Lenovo. I have been setting it up and happened to check Disk Management and saw BitLocker on the C: drive.I was surprised. I have not enabled it in any way and I well know that BitLocker is not included with Windows Home editions. but there it isSo previously seen posts/threads of people finding BitLocker enabled on Home editions when it isn't available on Home are true. I have checked my Microsoft account and it shows a 48 character key for

:)

neilpzz, Jan 29, 2023

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Jan 29, 2023
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 29, 2023
  4. When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition

1. When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition - Similar Threads - manufacturer adds BitLocker

2. When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition: This involves Windows 11 Home for me, but I suspect it will apply to Windows 10 Home.I got a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed today made by Lenovo. I have been setting it up and happened to check Disk Management and saw BitLocker on the C: drive.I was surprised. I...
  3. Bitlocker on home edition????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker on home edition????: On my first laptop, I had Win 7 PRO and then upgraded to Win10 and Windows recognized it as PRO. Now I recently bought a new laptop and it came with WIN 10 HOME edition. I then did an upgrade to WIN11. I did a clone of the disk of the old laptop to put on new laptop. My old...
  4. Bitlocker on home edition????

Bitlocker on home edition????: On my first laptop, I had Win 7 PRO and then upgraded to Win10 and Windows recognized it as PRO. Now I recently bought a new laptop and it came with WIN 10 HOME edition. I then did an upgrade to WIN11. I did a clone of the disk of the old laptop to put on new laptop. My old...
  5. Bitlocker for home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker for home edition: Why doesn't Microsoft enable Bitlocker for home edition?I can't even turn on standard encryption on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-for-home-edition/8f226970-8916-4c11-a92a-a94dddb6687b
  6. Bitlocker for home edition

Bitlocker for home edition: Why doesn't Microsoft enable Bitlocker for home edition?I can't even turn on standard encryption on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-for-home-edition/8f226970-8916-4c11-a92a-a94dddb6687b
  7. encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition: I am unable to encrypt a file in windows 10 home. The field is grade out. I tried a few suggest like resetting the registry to 1 from 0 and no luck. Any suggestions?...
  8. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home: Hello, I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 on my Dell G5 laptop and I currently cannot do this because I am getting a message from Ubuntu to turn off BitLocker encryption in order to install the Ubuntu OS. My laptop currently has Windows 10 Home, so I...
  9. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition: I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu. He has the TPM and UEFI Enabled but it doesn't give me the option for device encryption. When I look at System Information to...
  10. Bitlocker Encryption in Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Encryption in Windows 10 Home Edition: Dear Sir, I have bought a new HP Laptop with the default edition of Windows 10 Home and i would like to Encrypt my hard disk with the bit locker but i couldn't see any bit locker encryption option in control panel. How can I solve this Problem ?? Kindly advise on this if...