Windows 10: When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute...

Discus and support When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started happening a few months ago. Then a week ago the problem went away for a day or two and then returned. Today the problem is gone again. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FastSteve, Jun 15, 2021.

1. FastSteve Win User

When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute...

This started happening a few months ago. Then a week ago the problem went away for a day or two and then returned. Today the problem is gone again. Any help out there?

:)

FastSteve, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Cannot run a program from an Administrator account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you tried with other programs?
    • Is this issue confined only with particular app\program?
    I suggest you to check with other apps\programs and let us know with the result.

Also enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Note: Disable the account by running the following command after troubleshooting the issue:

net user administrator /active:no

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Note that the account has not assigned a password to it, and that you should consider setting one to improve account security.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 15, 2021
  4. ODD
    Odd Win User

When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute...

Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me?

When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute... [​IMG]

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎28/‎01/‎2021
    OS build 19042.964
    Serial number PF2FBW0J
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Thema:

1. When a normal user wants to run a program as administrator, it can take almost a minute... - Similar Threads - normal user wants

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password: About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time...
  6. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password: About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time...
  7. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  9. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...