Windows 10: When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out?

Discus and support When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When a scheduled time and a time limit is set, does the counter stop when the person logs out? for example, the allowed hours to use the computer/xbox... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MikePritchard, Dec 3, 2019.

1. When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out?

When a scheduled time and a time limit is set, does the counter stop when the person logs out? for example, the allowed hours to use the computer/xbox are 2pm to 8pm and there is a 2 hour time limit. a person logs on at 2pm and uses the device for an hour, then logs off. What happens to the second hour? Should the hour be there if they wanted to go back on at 5pm? Does the time limit time out at 4pm and they cannot go back on? What I see is that the timer times out after the initial log on. It seems to me like the time should be stopping if they log out of a device and have it to use if they log back on within the scheduled use times.

:)

MikePritchard, Dec 3, 2019

2. Twitter to Stop Counting Photos and Links in 140-Character Limit

Twitter to Stop Counting Photos and Links in 140-Character Limit

Company said to make the change in next couple of weeks
    CEO Jack Dorsey aims to make it easier to compose tweets

When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out? [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...haracter-limit

Cluster Head, Dec 3, 2019
  3. JO_Ky Win User
    Microsoft Family screen time counts way more time than child actually used

I have my son's Microsoft account set up as part of our Microsoft family, and set a screen time limit of 1.5 hours across all devices.

However, sometimes when my son logs out of his Microsoft account on the computer, the screen time limit keeps counting time after he's logged out. We have tried completely shutting down the computer, but it doesn't stop the screen time counter from running.
    Here's his screen time chart for this week:
    When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out? e1a0e286-c99b-4c25-a4f2-071a9357909c?upload=true.png

The main problem with this is that it prevents him from logging in again the next day. When he got home from school today, he hadn't even been on the computer at all yet and it stopped him from logging in because it thought he had been using the computer
    for 8 hours already.

How can this be fixed?

JO_Ky, Dec 3, 2019
  4. When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out?

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out?

1. When a time limit is set, does the counter stop counting down when the person logs out? - Similar Threads - limit set does

2. Is there any limitation on screenshot counts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any limitation on screenshot counts?: Nowadays I have screenshot 2k counted. Actually, it's not that big deal for me, But I'm concerning if I exceed after the limitation, something problem happens...
  3. Is there any limitation on screenshot counts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any limitation on screenshot counts?: Nowadays I have screenshot 2k counted. Actually, it's not that big deal for me, But I'm concerning if I exceed after the limitation, something problem happens...
  4. Does Time Limit Clock Stop After User Signs Out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Time Limit Clock Stop After User Signs Out?: I have set a Time Limit of 2 hours for my child's Windows 10 device but it appears that even if my child signs out of Windows the Time Limit clock still continues to run. For example: if my child signs into Windows at 8:00am, signs out at 9:00am and then tries to sign in...
  5. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  6. Cannot save the time limit "Max Scheduled" when setting time limits

Cannot save the time limit "Max Scheduled" when setting time limits: I am trying to setup time limits for my son. I set a schedule and chose the time limit "Max Scheduled". It is not saving this value no matter what I try. It is logging him off in the middle of the day and not allowing him to stay on. It will save a time value such as 12...
  7. Laptop turns on when plugged in + time stops counting when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turns on when plugged in + time stops counting when shut down: I have a bit of an unusual problem? This first started Sunday night. I shut my laptop down with no problems, fans and lights and stuff turned off -- literally everything to tell me that it successfully shut down. Didn't touch my laptop for 2 days because I got busy....
  8. BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.: I was logging my computer off this morning and then I shut it down. When I clicked shut down, it had a blue screen of death message. I don't know if this had to do with the latest update or not. Is there a way for me to analyze the dump file to see what happens with future...
  9. Time stops when idling

in Windows 10 Support
    Time stops when idling: Hey ! It has been a few days that, everytime i go to sleep or afk, the time stops and I have to set it back when I'm back ! For instance, yesterday i left at 0:12am and today the time was stuck at 00:50 or something like that. So what I did is go to time settings to uncheck...
  10. Twitter to Stop Counting Photos and Links in 140-Character Limit

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter to Stop Counting Photos and Links in 140-Character Limit: Twitter to Stop Counting Photos and Links in 140-Character Limit Company said to make the change in next couple of weeks CEO Jack Dorsey aims to make it easier to compose tweets [img] Twitter Inc. will soon stop counting photos and links in their...