Windows 10: When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

Discus and support When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Craig Owings, Mar 31, 2021.

1. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a different sign-in method or contact your system administrator". Logging in with the old password works, if they know it, but if they don't they can't get in. We have to remove the requirement to change the password at logon and then the new password will work, and then they'll never change the password. Is it supposed to work like that?

:)

Craig Owings, Mar 31, 2021

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Non password user logon

windows 10 with multiple users , some without passwords

If a non password user logson and then powers down

The next power up will automatically select that user

Need to be always able to select user at first logon screen.

williamruddick, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Vlasto77 Win User

When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

"User must change password at next logon" does not work

Hi,

I want to force Windows 10 Pro user to change his password at next logon. I wanted to do it using Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users. I clicked on user and opened Properties dialog, then I click on 'User must change password at next logon'
    and OK. I tried it several times, but without success. User can still login with his old password and he is not asked to change password at logon. How can I force user to change his password at next logon?

Mentioned user account is linked with Microsoft account. Could this be reason why it does not work? If yes, is there a way how to to do it for Microsoft account?

Thanks,

Vlasto

Vlasto77, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

1. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the... - Similar Threads - user password reset

2. Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked: I've run into an odd issue, whenever I go to reset someone's password on the domain controller, and the "User must change password at next logon" box is checked, that password will not work. But when I uncheck the box the password does work. This is a very concerning issue...
  3. Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password is incorrect when "User must change password at next logon" box is checked: I've run into an odd issue, whenever I go to reset someone's password on the domain controller, and the "User must change password at next logon" box is checked, that password will not work. But when I uncheck the box the password does work. This is a very concerning issue...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  5. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  6. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Local User password reset.

Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  8. user password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user password reset: Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she...
  9. Reset Another User's Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Another User's Password: OMG, why make things more and more difficult! For whatever reason my wife has not used my PC in ages, and now we cannot figure out what her password is. No problem I thought, just log in as admin, find my user, select "Manage Another Account" and then change the password. Err...
  10. User Account Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....