Windows 10: When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus!

Discus and support When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The update process is still running now and Windows defender finds a virus Is this okay? [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chaironthetable, Dec 22, 2018.

1. When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus!

The update process is still running now and Windows defender finds a virus

Is this okay?

When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus! [​IMG]

:)

chaironthetable, Dec 22, 2018

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 22, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Cr00zng Win User

When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus!

WMP for version 1809...

My Windows 10 N, version 1803 had used Windows Media Player via installing it from the "Windows_MediaFeaturePack_x64_1803.msu" file.

Updating to 1809 removed the WMP and no longer available in the apps list:

When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus! [​IMG]

There's an updated version listed at:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-n-editions

But clicking on the link and looking for the 1809 in the drop down list of versions does not show the media feature pack available for download for 1809; instead it shows version 1709 and 1803.

Does anyone have a direct link to WMP for Windows 10 N, version 1809?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus!

1. When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus! - Similar Threads - update version 1809

2. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    negative number on viruses found with windows defender: recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message negative number...
  3. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    negative number on viruses found with windows defender: recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message negative number...
  4. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender found a virus, but the affected file is gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender found a virus, but the affected file is gone: I recently ran a full scan and my antivirus found a virus called Obfuscator.XZ, and I wanted to put it in quarantine. The problem is that I could not, because I panicked and removed several files, one of them being the origin file of the malware., so I cannot remove it...
  6. Update to version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to version 1809: Hi I trying to update my laptop windows to version 1809, currently using 1803. I am only getting code 0x0073b01, can somebody help me out? Danrick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/bec2fdc7-935f-48a0-852f-b0b1afe06beb
  7. Update to version 1809

Update to version 1809: Where can I find a list of the machines & software that are not compatible with version of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/ad465a55-4915-40f1-b8da-7ce5d4f58977
  8. Version 1809 update

Version 1809 update: I just bought a new computer and it did all the updates that were overdue when I turned it on back on 10/22/2018. The version 1803 was updated. Now, today, 12/14/2018, when I click on "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date but my laptop just did the version 1809 update...
  9. windows updates version 1809

windows updates version 1809: My update history shows that feature update to windows 10 version 1809 requires a restart but when I restart the computer, nothing happens, the same message remains in update history. If I do a check for updates it tells me I am up to date....
  10. Windows Update Version 1809

Windows Update Version 1809: 1809 will not update on my pc. I'm running Win10 on a Dell XPS 8300 and had zero problems with the 1803 update. I've tried all the things everyone says to try with no avail. The update downloads, then installs to 100%, then I get a FAIL notice saying, "Windows was unable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows defender version 1809

2. windows defender offline scan windows 1809

3. windows defender after 1809 no email

4. windows 1809 virus scan,
  5. windows defender offline in 1809 version,
  6. do l need vires protection for win 10 version1809,
  7. windows defender full scan 1809,
  8. do i have to switch off windows defender toinstall version 1809