Windows 10: When anything enters fullscreen my screen goes black until changes are reverted.

Discus and support When anything enters fullscreen my screen goes black until changes are reverted. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LukyDam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg78xs/when_anything_enters_fullscreen_my_screen_goes/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LukyDam, Dec 19, 2020.

1. When anything enters fullscreen my screen goes black until changes are reverted.

/u/LukyDam, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Jack_197 Win User

When anything enters fullscreen my screen goes black until changes are reverted.

Screen goes black when fullscreen windows 8.1

Since 3 weeks ago my laptop's screen goes black when I try to maximize (fullscreen) any file (folders , movies , browsers , ...) but the laptop works properly when the screen gets black But it's okay when every file is windowed. After going black I minimize
    that window (which is fullscreen) and use the key "fn+f7" two times and the screen returns. Sometimes after working for some hours this problem fixes and I can fullscreen the files but after putting my laptop to sleep mode and then turning it on the problem
    returns.

I'm using asus laptop n550jk model and windoes 8.1 with all the drivers updated to the their latest versions.

Also my battery hasn't fully charged since 4 months ago and its light is flashing and its percentage is stuck at 80%.

I have also tried some anti viruses but nothing helped me.

How can I fix this problem?

Is my battery cuasing this problem or this is hardware issue?

Jack_197, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

When anything enters fullscreen my screen goes black until changes are reverted.

1. When anything enters fullscreen my screen goes black until changes are reverted. - Similar Threads - anything enters fullscreen

2. Fullscreen Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen Black Screen: Hello,Whenever i play games Fortnite Apex Minecraft. etc. i can only play windowed or windowed fullscreen for some reason,if i try and play just fullscreen my screen goes black until F11 or Alt+Tab, because of this my framerate in all the games are decreased quite heavily.so...
  3. Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode: I have a Dell XPS 15in, 2 in 1. After resetting my computer in full and reinstalling Windows 11, I cannot enter tablet mode by flipping around my laptop screen. When I flip the screen hinge, and it fully is in tablet mode, the screen instantly goes black, with no input from...
  4. Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode: I have a Dell XPS 15in, 2 in 1. After resetting my computer in full and reinstalling Windows 11, I cannot enter tablet mode by flipping around my laptop screen. When I flip the screen hinge, and it fully is in tablet mode, the screen instantly goes black, with no input from...
  5. Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games: I recently got a new laptop, and I am trying to play a game on it Minecraft, but whenever I go fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds. This only happens on an external monitor. I keep my laptop screen closed and just use the second monitor, but if I change my...
  6. Monitor goes black in videogames that are fullscreened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black in videogames that are fullscreened: I have had this pc for a bit more than a year now but just a couple days ago I started having a issue where if I load into a game and it is full screened and only on full screen it crashes within a second of opening the game of within a few minutes. The monitor goes black and...
  7. Screen goes black when the cursor image changes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when the cursor image changes.: This has happened to me 2-3 times now, both times being fixed by a restart. However, I am worried that it may be getting worse over time and eventually keep me locked out. So here's the gist:You know how your cursor changes based on what it's hovering over? The standard...
  8. Black screen in games when fullscreen

Black screen in games when fullscreen: Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed....
  9. While in Fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds.

While in Fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds.: When I'm in a game, my screen goes black. (I've had other threads on this BUT the one I am would respond to is not letting me REPLY and it's actually triggering me. Anyways, we were on updating the bios and finding the mx xxxx number. i can't find it on my motherboard. do i...
  10. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen: There is a problem, when I watch long videos on youtube 15+ minutes the screen goes black automatically. It is fullscreen, I use Chrome, it should not go into sleep mode but it does. I don`t want to turn off the sleep mode because it is useful because I can leave my PC...