Windows 10: When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

Discus and support When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When are you Microsoft going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? Its been broken for anyone using multiple monitors where the screens have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew Stanton, Feb 25, 2024.

1. When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

When are you Microsoft going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? Its been broken for anyone using multiple monitors where the screens have different zoom percentages. We cant select parts of either screen like we could with windows 10's snipping tool. This is going to affect pretty much everyone with a laptop and external monitor, as both screens will probably use 1920x1080 resolution but the laptop screen will be physically smaller and require a higher zoom to keep icons and programs the same readable size between monitors. A solution of changing the zoom to be the same on both is

:)

Andrew Stanton, Feb 25, 2024

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 25, 2024
  3. paulndr Win User
    Snipping Tool will not work (Windows 11)

Hi.
    When I attempt to use the snipping tool (Windows key + Shift + S), nothing happens.
    I have checked the internet for suggested solutions (of which there are about 11) and applied most of them; the only thing I didn't try was to revert to a previous Windows version but I'm not going to do that. This problem began following the recent Windows 11 update to Version 21H2.

I am using:
    Windows 11 Home
    Version 21H2
    OS Build 22000, 1098

No updates are pending.

The snipping tool is a critical tool so it's broken functionality causes significant problems. So far, I have not found any snipping app that usefully replace the snipping tool.

I'd be grateful for a solution.

(PS, I have no idea which "Product" Option is the correct choice to direct this post to the correct Microsoft Community!!! "Internet Explorer" seems the least ridiculous response but I have Version 11 on Windows 11 and the Windows Version list does not offer a windows 11 option. Why is this so difficult? This problem presumably has nothing to do with Microsoft Edge,the "Product" I selected where asked below, as it is not in use though it is installed.)

paulndr, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

1. When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? - Similar Threads - are going fix

2. When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When are you going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11?: When are you Microsoft going to fix the Snipping Tool in windows 11? Its been broken for anyone using multiple monitors where the screens have different zoom percentages. We cant select parts of either screen like we could with windows 10's snipping tool. This is going to...
  3. Snipping Tool is slow on Windows 11 [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Snipping Tool is slow on Windows 11 [Fix]: [IMG]If your Snipping tool is slow to open or work in Windows 11/10, then this post will help you fix this issue. This issue can be frustrating because if you want to take screenshots of games or videos without pausing them, you cannot do that, as it opens slowly. Fix...
  4. Windows 11 Snipping Tool?

Windows 11 Snipping Tool?: The snipping tool on Windows 11 saves to a clipboard instead of providing a choice where images are stored. The Clipboard history function doesn't allow users to upload images from there. Huge design flaw. Will Microsoft fix this or do I need to find a 3rd party app?...
  5. Windows 11 snipping tool

Windows 11 snipping tool: The snipping tool in Windows 11 will not allow you to send to outlook. It defaults to mail and I cannot change it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-snipping-tool/8d7447bf-6c1f-4f37-9a33-6941c1d26389
  6. Can you PLEASE fix the Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you PLEASE fix the Snipping Tool?: Why is the Snipping Tool still not working? I'll snip something, it shows the snip in the corner, but when I go to open it, it opens into a window with nothing but the Snipping Tool icon. It used to work perfectly, now I frequently find that it doesn't work....
  7. Can you PLEASE fix the Snipping Tool?

Can you PLEASE fix the Snipping Tool?: Why is the Snipping Tool still not working? I'll snip something, it shows the snip in the corner, but when I go to open it, it opens into a window with nothing but the Snipping Tool icon. It used to work perfectly, now I frequently find that it doesn't work....
  8. Snipping tool Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool Windows 11: This is repeat of some locked questions compalints that have still not been resolved, in my view at...
  9. Snipping tool going slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping tool going slow: Hi! Since the last update, the snipping tool that opens with WIN + Shift + S is going extremely slow when selecting the area to cut. I've tested it in a couple of different PCs and it happens in both of them. I use this a lot for work, and it was very fluid previous to the...
  10. Snipping tool going away.

Snipping tool going away.: I just purchased a new computer. Part of why was the sales guy showed me a demo with snipping tool. It sold me. Now I see Microsoft is taking that away. I don't want a new tool. I want the one I purchased the computer with. This doesn't seem right it is sort of a bait...