Windows 10: When asked to print the document goes to printer files and save. no way to see how to make...

Discus and support When asked to print the document goes to printer files and save. no way to see how to make... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a WF4740 that has been working fine until a week or so ago Now when I ask it too print it goes to save printer files How can this be eliminated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanBelzer, Jun 15, 2020.

1. When asked to print the document goes to printer files and save. no way to see how to make...

I have a WF4740 that has been working fine until a week or so ago Now when I ask it too print it goes to save printer files How can this be eliminated I dont need printer files. It never shows you can print.

:)

JoanBelzer, Jun 15, 2020

2. print asks me to save to documents

hi, after installing windows 10 my epson rx 420 isnt being listed .in list of printers.

it will scan from scanner to computer so i would think it must recognize the printer,

but this is what happens when i got to print something it says says saved to documents, so i go to documents and there it is so i go print it then says file must be converted before opening.

so i convert it , but just seems to send me round in a loop.

why cant i just click print and it prints ?

also tried my printer on another computer and it works.

hope this makes sense

also epson say windows supports the printer

francis blair, Jun 15, 2020
  3. MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT A SAVED DOCUMENT

MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT A SAVED DOCUMENT. IT WILL PRINT A TEST PAGE OR A SCANNED DOCUMENT HOWEVER. IT WILL PRINT THE HEADER OR TITLE BUT NOT THE REST OF THE PAGE. I HAVE NEW INK AND HAVE DONE ALL THE MAINTENANCE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

OT:

PAT

PATSTEFFEY, Jun 15, 2020
  4. rjett Win User

When asked to print the document goes to printer files and save. no way to see how to make...

printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file

when I try to print any documdent with a print command, I only get anoption to save the document as a tiff file. Saving the documnet and then trying to print it gives the same "save as" option again. Printer is HP photosmart 6100 series.

rjett, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

When asked to print the document goes to printer files and save. no way to see how to make...

1. When asked to print the document goes to printer files and save. no way to see how to make... - Similar Threads - asked print document

2. How to see all files when saving?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to see all files when saving?: When I save a file I want to see all the file like they normally appear in the folder I'm saving to. By default, Windows hides all the files that are a different type than what you're saving - this is annoying and confusing. How do I see everything in the folder I'm saving...
  3. How to see all files when saving?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to see all files when saving?: When I save a file I want to see all the file like they normally appear in the folder I'm saving to. By default, Windows hides all the files that are a different type than what you're saving - this is annoying and confusing. How do I see everything in the folder I'm saving...
  4. windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.: Hi! I am having an issue with not being able to print. After installing windows 11, when I try to print a page the system goes into ' save print output ' and does not print. The printer is an Epson XP-7100. I've tried some of the suggestions in the Microsoft Community with no...
  5. windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11, when requesting to print, printer goes to save print output.: Hi! I am having an issue with not being able to print. After installing windows 11, when I try to print a page the system goes into ' save print output ' and does not print. The printer is an Epson XP-7100. I've tried some of the suggestions in the Microsoft Community with no...
  6. when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer: I had a major Windows 10 crash unknown cause, assume automatic update Managed to get to function properly after booting safe mode. Can't find where to change the setting from 'Print to file' to print to my printer driver and settings OK. Thanks for any suggestions. Natalie...
  7. Can't open or print saved documents or files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open or print saved documents or files: Ever since the recent Windows 10 Update, I can no longer open or print any documents or files at all. If I try to open or print it says I don't have an app to perform this . . ? I am at a loss. I have never not been able to open a document....
  8. Can't Print Asks me to save document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Print Asks me to save document: When I go to print, it is asking me to save the file. If I save the file and then try to open it to print it asks me the save question: save the file. I have had this system set up for years with no printer problems this just started to occur. My printer is an HP Officejet...
  9. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?: What's going on with trying to print, From the printer dialog box, it opens a file to save as? What happens to just printing out a copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-the-printer-opens-a-save-print/a298ecc6-1827-405f-8a37-fdb6d05d0a55
  10. printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file

printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file: when I try to print any documdent with a print command, I only get anoption to save the document as a tiff file. Saving the documnet and then trying to print it gives the same "save as" option again. Printer is HP photosmart 6100 series. 30069