Windows 10: When attaching zips to email client getting repeated warnings of Trojans

Discus and support When attaching zips to email client getting repeated warnings of Trojans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just started today, and this happens with any zip created I've tried zipping different files and file types. I'll create the zip file, I can run a scan... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveHug, Sep 22, 2020.

1. DaveHug Win User

When attaching zips to email client getting repeated warnings of Trojans

Just started today, and this happens with any zip created I've tried zipping different files and file types. I'll create the zip file, I can run a scan at that point and no threats will be found, however as soon as I try to attach the zip Windows Defender will mark the attachment as a severe threat and I'll have to delete it or quarantine it.

It's always identifying the zip as either:

Trojan:Script/Conteban.A!ml
    or

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

I've tried numerous solutions.

- deleted protection history

- installed malwarebytes, it didn't find anything, switched back to Windows defender

- ran Microsoft Safety scanner, it found nothing

- tried to upload zip files to virustotal to check, that found nothing

This is very limiting, as I can no longer email a zip file unless I deactivate Windows Defender and utilize another antivirus program. However, I don't want to ignore a problem if it's legitimate either.

Is this likely false positive? Or if not what can I do to resolve this?

Help please.

:)

DaveHug, Sep 22, 2020

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Can't Attach Large Files to Outgoing eM Client Emails

I get a warning but, it still goes...

When attaching zips to email client getting repeated warnings of Trojans [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

eM Client Email Distribution Lists

Mount the List you want to make changes to, right click it and choose Edit...

... there you can re-name the List, add and remove recipients, etc...

or, Delete the whole List in the Address Book...

Edwin, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. When attaching zips to email client getting repeated warnings of Trojans - Similar Threads - attaching zips email

2. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  3. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  4. Trojan Horse Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Horse Warning: Is 1-888-288-6775 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? Had a laoud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...
  5. False or real Trojan warning

False or real Trojan warning: Hi, I have a very strange trojan warning. I have developed a Windows application.exe in C++ with Visual Studio 2019. After I have made the code and it is in the Release folder, I run both a Windows Defender full scan of my PC and also a custom scan of the new...
  6. Attaching images to non-MS email client

in Browsers and Email
    Attaching images to non-MS email client: I am new to W10, I use eM Client as my email client and I have set it to default in settings. However, if I right-click an image and then select "send to" and "mail recipient" it throws up an error message saying "you need to create a MS Outlook profile". Is there a way of...
  7. EM Client - "save image as" - Not saving photos attached to emails

in Browsers and Email
    EM Client - "save image as" - Not saving photos attached to emails: I am trying out EM Client since I have about a dozen email addresses to check and respond to. I have a problem saving images attached and imbedded in emails. When I right click on the photo for options and pick "save image as" the dialog box vanishes and nothing happens....
  8. EMAIL ZIP FILE TROJAN VIRUS OCT 2019

EMAIL ZIP FILE TROJAN VIRUS OCT 2019: BEWARE of a current trojan horse going around through email. Even if you are expecting the email from someone. It has happened to 3 people, including myself, from people we were expecting an email from. The email has a zip filed and they state the password is "777" The...
  9. Can't Attach Large Files to Outgoing eM Client Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Attach Large Files to Outgoing eM Client Emails: On my Win 10 computer, I have no problem using eM Client to send emails with a small attachment. For example, I successfully attached a Word file of size 13 KB and a jpg file of size 130 KB. But when I tried to attach a larger jpg photo file of 800 KB or a 7.8 MB avi video,...
  10. Recurring warning of Trojan in OnedriveTemp

Recurring warning of Trojan in OnedriveTemp: I see a recurring warning by Windows 10 Firewall that there is a Trojan: Win32 / Tiggre! Rfn in the hidden directory OnedriveTemp, I have deleted this directory several times and it reappears. I have also run Malwarebytes free, Adwcleaner and Microsoft Safety Scanner. None...