Windows 10: When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...

Discus and support When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have pdf files in a virtual drive shared folder; users open an existing file, edit it and save a copy back into the same folder. Recently we have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewFoster5, May 9, 2022.

1. When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...

We have pdf files in a virtual drive shared folder; users open an existing file, edit it and save a copy back into the same folder. Recently we have had a few users report when choosing "save as" they get the error "You can't save here. Please choose another location." The error does not occur if they choose to "save" overwriting the original or if they "save as" a Word or Excel document. Further, they could save a copy of the pdf locally then drag and drop to the network location but that adds extra work for the users.

:)

MatthewFoster5, May 9, 2022
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 9, 2022
  3. rplewis68 Win User
    cannot save from Adobe PDF converter to mapped network drive

2 recurring problems with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:

• Adobe PDF icon disappears from Devices and Printers. Workaround > reinstall Adobe PDF converter manually; but this doesn't always work.
    • Adobe PDF converter sometimes stops fails to save PDF to folder on mapped network drive.
    Windows 7 pro with SP1, 64bit. Acrobat Pro DC. Servers are W2008R2 or later.

• Adobe support tells me to give "everyone" full control to the Adobe "Program Files*" and "Program Data" folders. That sounds like a bad idea, but I let them try it anyway in a remote support session. It did not help.

rplewis68, May 9, 2022
  4. When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...

PDF Editing

Hi,

The PDF format is commonly used for saving documents and publications in a standard format that can be viewed on multiple platforms. With Word 2013 and 2016, you can convert a PDF into a Word document that you can edit.

Check this
    link
    on how to Edit PDF content in Word.

To convert a PDF into an editable Word document, you open it like you would any other document.

• Click File, then Open.
    • Choose the location of the PDF and click Browse.
    • Find the PDF and click Open.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, May 9, 2022
Thema:

When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...

1. When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You... - Similar Threads - attempting edit pdf

2. The edited PDF is suddenly blank and it is not saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The edited PDF is suddenly blank and it is not saved: Hi, cna I know where can I get the edited PDF that is suddenly turned blank. I have edited many things on that but suddenly, maybe because of the low internet connection, the PDF file turned blank and I can't get back what I have edited after refreshing it. Without refresh, I...
  3. The edited PDF is suddenly blank and it is not saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The edited PDF is suddenly blank and it is not saved: Hi, cna I know where can I get the edited PDF that is suddenly turned blank. I have edited many things on that but suddenly, maybe because of the low internet connection, the PDF file turned blank and I can't get back what I have edited after refreshing it. Without refresh, I...
  4. Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...

Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...: When I print a page with "Save as PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  5. Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...: When I print a page with "Save as PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  6. Save file PDF by Chrome"Save as PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't edit...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...: We have pdf files in a virtual drive shared folder; users open an existing file, edit it and save a copy back into the same folder. Recently we have had a few users report when choosing "save as" they get the error "You can't save here. Please choose another location." The...
  8. When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to edit pdf and save as back to the network folder I get the error, "You...: We have pdf files in a virtual drive shared folder; users open an existing file, edit it and save a copy back into the same folder. Recently we have had a few users report when choosing "save as" they get the error "You can't save here. Please choose another location." The...
  9. Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another...

Attempting to save a photo as and I get the error "you can't save here, chose another...: This has just started and I've tried to save to different locations but, yet the same response. I have just changed browsers from Firefox to Chrome, but no other (intentional) changes..I've searched the net but, don't find a solution that seems to fit my issue. I'd...
  10. Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location

Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location: Hi All, I am attempting to save an image file from my reference machine to a specified network location. Unfortunately, I keep receiving: Error 6118: The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available. It would appear, after doing some research, that...