Windows 10: When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen

Discus and support When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, RAM 8 GB in a new desktop by Dell. After 3 weeks I am getting a Reference_by_Pointer blue screen when booting. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by newu_873, Dec 11, 2018.

1. newu_873 Win User

When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, RAM 8 GB in a new desktop by Dell.

After 3 weeks I am getting a Reference_by_Pointer blue screen when booting. So I can't load the Windows. How this issue could be fixed ?? The Dell's in-built Check & Fix for Windows 10 doesn't find anything and says all is fine with Windows.

Also, please tell me how to enter the Safe Mode when booting with Windows 10, as I can't load Windows and set the Safe Mode in the settings there or by msconfig.

:)

newu_873, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen - Similar Threads - booting Reference_by_Pointer blue

2. Blue screen, computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen, computer will not boot: Out of nowhere my computer went dead. Computer was running and suddenly got blue screen. Won't boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-computer-will-not-boot/8f254136-793d-4bc5-bdac-50c5a4fe5ef3
  3. Here's a joke when I get blue screen problemssssssss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Here's a joke when I get blue screen problemssssssss: [ATTACH][ATTACH] System crack and my computer got blue screen, when I contact online support, they tell me if I want an online engineer to fix my problem, I have to pay for it. Excuse me????? Am I buying a trash system when it cracks and I have to pay to fix it?/ As far as I...
  4. Screen gets blue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen gets blue: Hello, Sometimes, when I use my notebook at night, the screen gets bluer. I can notice because it is really sudden. I'm not sure what exactly changes about the colours, but everything seems bluer. It can be annoying. I also think the screen gets dimmer. I'm sure that it is...
  5. Can’t boot get a blue screen unaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Can’t boot get a blue screen unaccesible boot device: I figured out the reason I’m getting the blue screen is because my boot drive has been partitioned so the c drive is empty and not bootable on it. The rest of the drive is now d: I have no idea how to fix this help. Can I use partition to combine the drives again and make...
  6. Getting Blue Screens Constantly

Getting Blue Screens Constantly: When ever I load up my computer normally it is always getting a certain Bluescreen with the Stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and everything I have tried just doesn't work, as in it isn't doing what it is supposed to: -Windows Memory Diagnostic (doesn't even open, trying to open...
  7. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...
  8. Blue screen at every boot

Blue screen at every boot: Hello! Since quite some time, I have been receiving a BSOD with "driver power state failure" message. I am using a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-16Q upgraded to Windows 10. From the beginning I have 2 GB of RAM installed in addition, from an old PC. However, the Blue Screen...
  9. Constantly getting blue screen

Constantly getting blue screen: I've bought a laptop not too long ago. And it started having almost right away. I reset it ( through the reset option in windows 10), it helped for some time. But then it started getting blue screen again. It doesn't have a pattern, it's always random, new errors every time....
  10. BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting, unable to boot past blue screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting, unable to boot past blue screen.: I have tried using the repair tools on the windows 10 media installer. Although, on the system restore option, it just takes me to a small window that says I need to select an operating system, and that I need to restart the laptop, choose an operating system and go back to...