Windows 10: When booting laptop it says action needed for wifi

Discus and support When booting laptop it says action needed for wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Support Team, We are a primary school and our external IT support has recently passed back some laptops that have been upgraded to windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C Brad., Oct 31, 2019.

1. C Brad. Win User

When booting laptop it says action needed for wifi

Dear Support Team,

We are a primary school and our external IT support has recently passed back some laptops that have been upgraded to windows 10. It is the latest version (1903) and has a globe for the wifi icon when you boot it up. Even though the box has been ticked to connect automatically to the wifi - it doesn't. I have unticked the box to allow the computer to put the wifi adapter to sleep but after it is shutdown it needs to be connected again. We didn't have any problems with this laptop when it was loaded with windows 7. It is an acer V3-571.

Thank you for your help When booting laptop it says action needed for wifi :)

:)

C Brad., Oct 31, 2019

2. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Action Center - WiFi Not A Quick Action Choice

Hello Everyone,

Recently installed Windows 10 on my PC & wife's laptop. Her laptop has more options for the Quick actions buttons, scrolling list, and shows WiFi.

My PC has only 7 options for the Quick actions, no scrolling, and WiFi isn't one. Also, WiFi isn't shown on the Action Center window.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,

John

Johnny Dingo, Oct 31, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Will a laptop boot if I remove internal Wifi-card and detach antenna wires ?

Hello
    Buying and tinkering with newer laptop wifi cards:
    Will a HP or any brand laptop boot if I remove a internal Wifi-card mini pci-e half size and detach antenna wires ?
    - Will it show always something like "notice: no wifi-card installed" on boot up or in Windows ?
    - Or will it boot normally ( Like if a 1pc of RAM is removed or added ) and everything is normal just wifi and card is not there in Windows like if I would detach a PCI Wifi-card in a desktop computer ?

What is also the difference between 2-wire and 3-wire laptop wifi cards ? Will they work together compatibility ?
    - Lenovo has: a black, grey and white wire.
    - HP has: wires marked as (1.)black=AUX and (2.)black=MAIN.

user33331, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. When booting laptop it says action needed for wifi - Similar Threads - booting laptop says

2. Windows 11 Company Wifi Says "Action needed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Company Wifi Says "Action needed": Hi Im a Desktop Support Technician and Ive been facing some issues regarding My Company Wifi not being able to Connect Automatically.I will get a message saying "Action Needed" and will keep having to enter my AD credential to get connected.If i do connect to any other Wifi...
  3. Windows 11 Company Wifi Says "Action needed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Company Wifi Says "Action needed": Hi Im a Desktop Support Technician and Ive been facing some issues regarding My Company Wifi not being able to Connect Automatically.I will get a message saying "Action Needed" and will keep having to enter my AD credential to get connected.If i do connect to any other Wifi...
  4. Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed: So I just noticed that there is a yellow error on the Windows Security Tray and it says "Action Recommended" but when I open the windows security app there is no action needed. I need help.Currently Using Windows 11 21H2 22000.856...
  5. Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.: Windows 11 clients not authenticating automatically and popping up the "Action Needed" dialog box. The computers would not authenticate automatically, but when following the dialog boxes we could get them to authenticate by manually telling the computer to try....
  6. Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.: Windows 11 clients not authenticating automatically and popping up the "Action Needed" dialog box. The computers would not authenticate automatically, but when following the dialog boxes we could get them to authenticate by manually telling the computer to try....
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED: So i downloaded a game trainer and windows defender did its job by blocking a supposed trojanimage provided. It quarantined the threat but later on gave another notification of that same threat and this time clicking Start action doesn't work. Personally i know the threat is...
  8. Wifi keeps disconnecting without any warning frequently, now says "action needed"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi keeps disconnecting without any warning frequently, now says "action needed": This has been happening for a while now No it's not the power saving options I have checked them And no it's not any of the network adapters, I've checked all of them for updates and they're all fine Also every other device connects fine it's not a network problem I can't...
  9. Wifi action needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi action needed: The PC doesn't connect to the WiFi even if I check "Connect automatically". It says "Action needed" instead of connecting automatically. When I click on "action needed", an ad opens up with bosch website. How do I disable the feature so that WiFi connects automatically...
  10. Wifi Connection Action Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Connection Action Needed: When i connect to wifi from my Mobile hotspot on my laptop showing "Action Needed". After connecting to wifi its redirecting to "https://www.msn.com/en-xl/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477" this link. And in my wifi section its showing "No Connection, secured" but internet is working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if wifi say action needed