Windows 10: When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list

Discus and support When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm browsing files with Windows Explorer. There are a large number of files. As I browse down the cursor suddenly goes back to the beginning of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pablo A.Ituarte, Oct 16, 2018.

1. When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list

I'm browsing files with Windows Explorer. There are a large number of files. As I browse down the cursor suddenly goes back to the beginning of the file list. ¿How can I avoid this?

:)

Pablo A.Ituarte, Oct 16, 2018
  2. TLAG Win User

Explorer jump list folder regression

Hi folks,

Coming from Windows 7, there is a super feature that I miss in windows 10. I was kind of a small trick but saved me a lot of time :

• In W7, when I saved a file on the disk from outlook or my web browser for instance, the folder that I chose as a destination was added to the jump list of the file explorer. So that after saving, to access this file in explorer (to open
      it), I just had to right click the explorer icon in the task bar and then click that very folder that was added on top of the list.
    • In W10, I have to open file explorer and browse manually to that file When browsing windows explorer it jumps back  to beginning of folder list :(

I used that like 10 times a day and really miss that feature in Windows 10. Is that a bug? Or an omission ? Or maybe a tricky file explorer option that I didn't spot. I can't believe this was changed by purpose, it was so useful!

Please add it back or let me know how to restore this feature.

3. Jahrsper Win User
    File Explorer jump list not working

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I've found that my File Explorer jump list don't work any more. The folders are still on the list, both pinned and recent, but clicking on them has no effect. I have to click the 'File Explorer' link and either use Quick Access
    or navigate to my destination myself. Quick Access is handy, but the jump list - and particularly the folders I'd pinned to it - has become my preferred way to get to my most important folders, and it's frustrating that it's no longer working.

I've looked at solutions on here to similar problems, including deleting files from 'AutomaticDestinations', but that hasn't helped. No other jump lists are affected - just File Explorer.

Thanks!

Jahrsper, Oct 16, 2018
  4. M11
    m11 Win User

When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list

Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

I've read almost all the threads related to this subject.

I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section.

I don't want Frequent Folders.

I don't want Recent Files

I'm not trying to pin "Recent Folders" to Quick Access.

I'm trying to make the jump list look like this:

When browsing windows explorer it jumps back  to beginning of folder list [​IMG]

Thema:

When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list

1. When browsing windows explorer it jumps back to beginning of folder list - Similar Threads - browsing explorer jumps

2. Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?: Every now and again the Windows Explorer Jump List will suddenly empty itself, which usually isn't a problem since I can just open my important folder and re-pin them to the List. I have no idea why it does this, but since it's an easy fix and none of the other Jump Lists for...
  3. Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly Can't Pin Folders to Windows Explorer Jump List?: Every now and again the Windows Explorer Jump List will suddenly empty itself, which usually isn't a problem since I can just open my important folder and re-pin them to the List. I have no idea why it does this, but since it's an easy fix and none of the other Jump Lists for...
  4. Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.: There is currently an issue where the Jump List quick access disappears for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, the error has not been identified so far. Deleting the contents in the "AutomaticDestination" and "CustomDestination" folders did not resolve the issue.I wonder....-...
  5. Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.

Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.: There is currently an issue where the Jump List quick access disappears for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, the error has not been identified so far. Deleting the contents in the "AutomaticDestination" and "CustomDestination" folders did not resolve the issue.I wonder....-...
  6. Windows 11 Explorer randomly jumping back to top/beginning of subfolders/files list when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer randomly jumping back to top/beginning of subfolders/files list when...: Hi :When Windows offered me to upgrade W10 to W11, I accepted. Ever since, I have the issue described in the title.To be more specific, let's say I have a folder with many subfolders or files thus they can't all appear on a single "page" and one has to scroll up/down or, in...
  7. Windows 11 Explorer randomly jumping back to top/beginning of subfolders/files list when...

Windows 11 Explorer randomly jumping back to top/beginning of subfolders/files list when...: Hi :When Windows offered me to upgrade W10 to W11, I accepted. Ever since, I have the issue described in the title.To be more specific, let's say I have a folder with many subfolders or files thus they can't all appear on a single "page" and one has to scroll up/down or, in...
  8. Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back: Since the taskbar jump list (recent files) has been removed, is there some registry edits that can be made to return the functionality/ submitted by /u/super_delegate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fclp1k/taskbar_jump_list_get_it_back/
  9. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List: I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section. I don't want Frequent Folders. I don't want Recent Files I'm not trying to pin "Recent...
  10. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?: I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something? 53096

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 explorer jumps back

2. search bar jumps to beginning on windows

3. explorer jumps down when expanding folder

4. file explorer jumps back to top,
  5. windows explorer jumps to beginning