Windows 10: When build 1809 was installed I lost my desktop, have no file folders, what is going on

Discus and support When build 1809 was installed I lost my desktop, have no file folders, what is going on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I did the last upgrade to Windows 10 1809. Desk top only shows links to location, none of my data files are showing. None of my folders on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ray_944, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Ray_944 Win User

When build 1809 was installed I lost my desktop, have no file folders, what is going on

When I did the last upgrade to Windows 10 1809.

Desk top only shows links to location, none of my data files are showing. None of my folders on my desktop are there only links.

Desktop is not mine, it is a default of Microsoft.

Cannot see any of my file folders. It looks like there are all gone.

:)

Ray_944, Aug 17, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 17, 2020
  3. lost folders from desktop

Hello,

It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you have tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried to check your Recycle Bin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we advise that you follow the suggestions provided in this
    article
    on how to find missing files in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

When build 1809 was installed I lost my desktop, have no file folders, what is going on

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

1. When build 1809 was installed I lost my desktop, have no file folders, what is going on - Similar Threads - build 1809 was

2. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  3. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  4. What is these files in my desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is these files in my desktop folder?: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my desktop folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-desktop-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  5. What is these files in my desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is these files in my desktop folder?: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my desktop folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-desktop-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  6. I lost a folder on my desktop while trying to delete an installer! HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost a folder on my desktop while trying to delete an installer! HELP!: I was trying to drag and drop an installer I no longer needed from my desktop into the recycle bin and instead seemed to accidentally drag it into a folder on my desktop which made my folder disappear. I am using Windows 10. I have very important files within that folder and...
  7. Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost progress when going back to a previous build (certain files that are not system...: I updated to Windows 10 2004, but then decided to go back to my previous version which is 1903. I didn't lose any files, but my Minecraft (Bedrock version) was taken back to 1.14. I had to update again to 1.16. I also lost world progress made in Windows 10 2004. I didn't...
  8. I have lost my desktop and my files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost my desktop and my files: Never had this happen before. When I signed on, my previous desktop has disappeared. It is only showing a few icons, and the computer seems to have reverted to an earlier state. My Quicken, for example, no longer displays the data in it it is backed up. What happened?...
  9. lost desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost desktop folder: I moved the desktop folder to OneDrive and now OneDrive folder contents are displayed on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-folder/46138ec7-d489-43e9-80e1-c37873e03193
  10. I have lost the contents of my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2