Windows 10: When can I expect to receive the anniversary edition?

Discus and support When can I expect to receive the anniversary edition? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, fresh installed August 8, 2015. When can I expect to receive the 1607 anniversary update that began rolling out a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ReneM, Sep 3, 2016.

1. ReneM Win User

When can I expect to receive the anniversary edition?

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, fresh installed August 8, 2015.

When can I expect to receive the 1607 anniversary update that began rolling out a month ago?

I know it can be manually downloaded, but that's not what I want.

Thanks in advance *Smile

Cheers
    René

:)

ReneM, Sep 3, 2016

2. When can I expect to receive Windows 10

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Have you installed all Windows Updates on to your system??

There is no direct upgrade path to Windows 10 from Windows 8.

You have to upgrade your PC to Windows 8.1 using Windows Store, install all the latest updates and drivers compatible with Windows 10, and then you will get “Get Windows 10” notification to upgrade your PC to Windows 10.

Following link is an article on The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048

Check if your system meets all the requirements from the link below, to
    upgrade your system to Windows 10:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-specifications

Below is a link where you can Download and Install Windows 10:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Below link is an article on Windows 10 FAQ:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Sep 3, 2016
  3. BillFra Win User
    When can I expect to receive Windows 10

I have been on reserved list since mid July. Have confirmation that PC meets requirements for upgrade but have yet to receive the notification to download. When can I expect the upgrade. PC OS is Windows 8

BillFra, Sep 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Delivery is phased..
    From a quick web search you can read:
    When will your PC get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? | ZDNet

I know what you posted... but consider the benefits of having a bootable Win 10 medium:

You can:
    - upgrade multiple PCs (if relevant)
    - perform an in-place upgrade repair install if needed without redownloading Win 10
    - boot from it and use the repair options should your PC become unbootable
    - perform a clean install if needed in the future

Further, read about all the issues MS is currently addressing some are experiencing with the upgrade. You may be grateful you haven't got it yet. If you wish to try it, use disk imaging (which a wise person uses routinely anyway) to secure your current build first.

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  5. ReneM Win User
    Thank's for the link.

Yes - I know all about the new Windows problems. I already have 2 machines which are updated with the Anniversary update.

I create weekly a new system image, with Macrium Reflect. Just in case.

But I do not quite understand what you mean with a bootable Win 10 medium?

Cheers
    René

ReneM, Sep 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    = a DVD or USB drive with an installable version of Win 10 on it from which your PC can boot.
    Use MS media creation tool or download an ISO and burn a DVD/use Rufus (freeware)

Just as used to be the case with '98. 2000, XP, '7.

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  7. ReneM Win User
    OK - a misunderstanding on my part, I did not read it as a Media.

I have of course bootable media created by both Macrium Reflect and Microsoft - just in case.

Thank you for your interest and help.

Cheers
    René

ReneM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. When can I expect to receive the anniversary edition? - Similar Threads - expect receive anniversary

2. Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition: I redeemed a game code in the microsoft store (the standard sea of thieves) but there are 2 "versions" of the game. One is the standard edition and the other is the anniversary edition, i own the simple one but not the other one. Do i get to play sea of thieves without any...
  3. Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites: The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option. However, simply putting back the old Edge app storage location...
  4. Anniversary update still not received

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update still not received: I still haven't received the automatic Anniversary update. If I download the update from support.microsoft, it always stops around 70 % with the notification "page fault in nonpaged area", and system returns to version 1511. What can I do ? Because I can't install it, I'm...
  5. Error when updating to anniversary edition

Error when updating to anniversary edition: My laptop just popped up with the update for w10 home edition to the new anniversary edition. I ran the update and after all was said and done (no obvious errors or messages) I got the message that an error occurred and the error code was 0x80010108.... I tried again a couple...
  6. Error code 0x80070070 when trying to update to Anniversary edition

Error code 0x80070070 when trying to update to Anniversary edition: I am trying to update to Anniversary edition of Windows 10 on 32GB ASUS Tablet. The update to 1511 went just fine. Now I am getting error when trying to upgrade to 1607 using Windows10Upgrade.28084. It checks compatibility and CPU, Memory and disc capacity all show good. Then...
  7. Where is the Anniversary Edition

Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  8. Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition: Just upgraded to Anniversary version. Ho do I turn off Cortana in my Anniversary Edition ? Tks 64362
  9. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  10. New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?: I'll soon be getting a new receiver and speakers. They aren't computer speakers, but more meant for your standard audio equipment. The receiver has 4 HDMI Inputs and one HDMI Output. My current setup, my monitor has built-in speakers. I don't really use them, though. Not...