Windows 10: When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs

Discus and support When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs. I prefer the behavior to be that it just checks for available updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by benlan, Aug 31, 2020.

1. benlan Win User

When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs

When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs. I prefer the behavior to be that it just checks for available updates and let me choose which updates to download.

This was possible with Windows 7, but I have not been able to do this on my Windows 10 machines. We are on a network with a WSUS server, but there are occasions in which we want to check for updates using Microsoft update servers.

:)

benlan, Aug 31, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 31, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs - Similar Threads - checking updates automatically

2. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install: After making fresh install8 times in row now of windows 10 from USB, I can't get automatic updates up and running. PC freezeshard reset only option when downloading and other times gives Windows Update error KB4019474I returned BIOS settings to default. After getting an error...
  3. Windows 10 Home checks updates and installs them even when automatic updates are disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home checks updates and installs them even when automatic updates are disabled: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Hoe box that is used unattended. When I configured it, I added AU key in registry and protected them so that Windows updates are not installed and machine is not reboot automatically.Even, I have a software called "Windows Updates Blocker" which...
  4. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  6. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

7. Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install: please help cant install this update[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-optional-update-not-downloading-when-i-check/581d6806-5ebc-4eed-8cc4-a1d7a84a8732
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1909 downloads and installs automatically 2004 when check for updates

Windows 10 Pro 1909 downloads and installs automatically 2004 when check for updates: Everything worked just fine related to updates but something changed in the last week in my case Windows 10 Pro 1909. In Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update when I click on [Check for updates] button it finds the upgrade to 2004 only and starts to download it...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install): I've tried googling but haven't seem to found anything to help me. I don't mind the updates automatically downloading them and informing me of them, but I absolutely despise the system choosing to install and restart my pc for me. The "active hours" feature doesn't help me, I...
  10. Windows update not checking automatically for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update not checking automatically for updates: Came to check my secondary machine which usually remains locked but powered on and windows update said your device is up to date last checked 06/08/15 at 23:01, today is 12/08/15. Anyone else seeing this? 15477