Windows 10: When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the...

Discus and support When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I found that When opening the start menu It doesnt open the windows explorer and shows the message Windows cannot access the specified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PontiacGTX1, Jul 15, 2018.

1. When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the...

Recently I found that When opening the start menu It doesnt open the windows explorer and shows the message

Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item for explorer.exe but I can open the explorer from the Task Bar

I have ran sfc/scannow and did not find any integrity violations

I am using WIndows 10 1709 x64 16299.492

When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the... 99e6def2-31ec-4840-847f-2d472e1e8c6b?upload=true.jpg

:)

PontiacGTX1, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Frick Win User

When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the...

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the...

1. When clicking on Windows Explorer shortcut in start menu Windows cannot access the... - Similar Threads - clicking Explorer shortcut

2. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts: When I open the Start Menu, I can't even click on any shortcuts I have there and after hovering on any icons, the menu automatically closes after 2-4 seconds.What I've tried that haven't worked:Restarting my laptopRestarting "Windows Explorer" in the Task ManagerRunning sfc...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts: When I open the Start Menu, I can't even click on any shortcuts I have there and after hovering on any icons, the menu automatically closes after 2-4 seconds.What I've tried that haven't worked:Restarting my laptopRestarting "Windows Explorer" in the Task ManagerRunning sfc...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut: Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before please point to appropriate thread. I have recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from v1809 to v1903, although I think my problem has nothing to do with the upgrade which was completed successfully. I noticed that when I...
  6. Shortcuts dissapear when click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts dissapear when click start button: since I have updated to 1809 when I go to close down my laptop and I click the start button all my shortcuts now called apps shut down I have not had this before on any machine any one know if it is some setting in settings also on my wife's pc when it starts up it all ways...
  7. Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. I am trying to add the IE shortcut to my start-menu but I am finding it very difficult. I found some instructions online but they seem very complicated given that I am able to add other shortcuts with ease. Thanks! 117120
  8. Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts: So I'm having this weird bug where I can't click any of my start menu shortcuts when I search up the program (typing) I'm trying to execute but if I manually look for it (using scroll wheel) and clicking on the shortcut the program will execute? I've tried rebuilding my...
  9. Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps: I've been looking around for a solution for about an hour now - all I can find are problems relating to the mouse not working at all, or the start menu not opening at all. My issue is that my mouse works in every way except inside the start menu. I've also noticed that I...
  10. cannot login windows 10 and click start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot login windows 10 and click start menu: I am using Windows 10 for working. On that computer, I cannot click "start menu" and the app can't be opened. When I open the pictures in the app and the picture app can open the pictures. However, the app quits immediately. Windows Explorer and Window (Microsoft Office 2013)...