Windows 10: When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

Discus and support When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dan33185, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Dan33185 Win User

When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason, and re-appears when releasing from the start menu. I've checked every option in Media Monkey and haven' t found a good reason this should be happening with the program, and I'm not sure what in Windows would be causing this.

[youtube]h7OpmbbOQcM[/youtube]

:)

Dan33185, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jul 1, 2019
  4. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

Windows 10: start up menu and Cortana ask tab have disappeared

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "clicking on the tool bar does not bring up the Cortana link", what exactly are you referring to? Are you referring to toolbars present when you right click on taskbar?
    • Have you tried to enable Cortana icon by right click on taskbar and selecting Cortana?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if Cortana is turned on or not.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Cortana & Search settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if Cortana is turned on or not.

I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu and Cortana related issues. Check if it helps.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and Cortana, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

1. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears - Similar Threads - clicking start menu

2. Toolbar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar and Start Menu: Why can't I put all apps, shortcuts, tools etc in the task bar or start menu easily and have nothing on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-and-start-menu/ac0c2a7f-3688-4153-9e6a-6d6c2e827263
  3. Toolbar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolbar and Start Menu: Why can't I put all apps, shortcuts, tools etc in the task bar or start menu easily and have nothing on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-and-start-menu/ac0c2a7f-3688-4153-9e6a-6d6c2e827263
  4. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu: This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-toolbars-item-has-disappeared-from-the-taskbar/36664bc0-7ec5-4079-8e71-79fd2a71c0a8
  5. Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar: Hi, I've recently had to "Fresh Start" my Windows 10 install after having a problem I couldn't resolve in any other way. Since then, the original problems have all but cleared up, but now I have a new one that I can't recreate every time or figure out how to resolve. From...
  6. When I right click on an icon in the toolbar, both the program menu and my taskbar menu appear.

When I right click on an icon in the toolbar, both the program menu and my taskbar menu appear.: Why does this happen? Is there any way to prevent it? It is about 70% of the time I click, and almost always the first time I right click a program since my PC has been booted. submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  7. When I right click on an icon in the toolbar, both the program menu and my taskbar menu appear.

When I right click on an icon in the toolbar, both the program menu and my taskbar menu appear.: Why does this happen? Is there any way to prevent it? It is about 70% of the time I click, and almost always the first time I right click a program since my PC has been booted. submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  8. Cant click on taskbar/start menu

Cant click on taskbar/start menu: I cannot click on my taskbar, no right click either. I can click on my desktop icons and open them, but then i cant click on anything in the folders. Sometimes it swaps, like i can click on taskbar but not desktop. My mouse also sometimes randomly does a middlemouse button...
  9. Custom toolbars menu disappeared from taskbar RMB menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom toolbars menu disappeared from taskbar RMB menu in windows 10: Hello, I had custom toolbars in windows 10 but after a while they disappeared and I don't find anyway to restore or create them as you can see in the screenshot. I searched in the net if there is a solution or it is just Microsoft who removed the menu from Windows 10 but I...
  10. taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.: I've tried to fix this from sites and advice on the internet, but it keeps happening. I can't find a topic here on this, so I apologize if I'm posting something I shouldn't be. Thanks for any direction you can send me in. Jovin 36693