Windows 10: When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in...

Discus and support When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Acer laptop with Windows 10 64 bit home, is going to power saving mode when I closing the laptop screen. In the advanced power saving menu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikasand62SE, Feb 27, 2021.

1. When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in...

My Acer laptop with Windows 10 64 bit home, is going to power saving mode when I closing the laptop screen.

In the advanced power saving menu, defining what will happen when computer screen is folded down, I have selected "Do nothing" on all items.

I am using a KVM switch between laptop and monitor brand LG.

The problem started when I changed monitor, besides that I am using the same KVM switch, computer and HDMI cables.

Any clue what to do here?

If bypass KVM switch and route HDMI cable directly between monitor and computer, it is working. But I need the KVM switch.

Please any ideas ?

When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in... 801e7f30-0a81-4276-971d-a083c1890572?upload=true.jpg

:)

mikasand62SE, Feb 27, 2021
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Screen Saver Windows 10 -- goes to screen saver mode after 2-3 minutes

Hello --

I've changed the timing on how soon the screen saver should appear to 45 minutes. (Windows to Power Options to Choose When To Turn Off The Display.) That doesn't work. My screen goes into screen saver mode after 2-3 minutes.

Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks.

JudyHeiser, Feb 27, 2021
  4. When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in...

Laptop screen goes black after 10 minutes

Hi Mark,

To help you with your concern, let me suggest you to check the Power saver of your laptop. Please follow the steps below on how to see the settings of the Power saver:

• Press Windows key and search for Settings
    • Click Power & sleep
    • Click Additional power settings
    • If can't be seen on the window, click Show additional plans then select
      Change plan settings beside Power saver
    • Edit the settings then click Save changes

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in...

1. When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in... - Similar Threads - closing laptop screen

2. Laptop cannot automatically turn off the screen or enter screen saver mode after a period...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot automatically turn off the screen or enter screen saver mode after a period...: The computer is a Lenovo Thinkbook 16p with the original Windows 11 operating system.I have noticed that the computer does not automatically turn off the screen, go to sleep, or activate the screen saver after a period of inactivity.I have tried resetting the screen timeout...
  3. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  4. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  5. Laptop goes to sleep when turned on, requires closing the panel to power up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep when turned on, requires closing the panel to power up: Laptop: Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05 i5-10300H GeForce 1650 When I set the display mode settings in the Nvidia ControlPanel into Nvidia GPU only, every time I boot up the laptop it goes to sleep assoon as the Lenovo logo shows up. I will then need to close the laptoppanel/screen...
  6. Screen saver turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  7. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off: Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to...
  8. Windows screen saver or power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screen saver or power saving mode: Just recently my computer has been locking up or hanging up on a system restart when I leave the system unattended. I find the system with the black screen and windows icon up with the small dots that make the circle usually going around frozen. Holding the power button...
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr: my dell inspiron when is much time under sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, screen is black with visible light on it, led light, and i can move cursor if i leave it like that for few minutes i can also notice dim screen, like even that black...