Windows 10: When copying Windows 10 from an HDD to SSD only problems?

Discus and support When copying Windows 10 from an HDD to SSD only problems? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried it in several toutirals but so far all in vain it even went so far that not even my BIOS would recognize the SSD 1st question I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EPICFAILHOCH10, Jul 10, 2020.

1. When copying Windows 10 from an HDD to SSD only problems?

I have tried it in several toutirals but so far all in vain it even went so far that not even my BIOS would recognize the SSD

1st question

I want to format my SSD because the copied Windows does not work on the SSD, a quick cleaning is enough or should I do a deep cleaning

2nd question

Do you know of a software that can be used free of charge without cost or causing problems

3rd question

Or should I rather do a USB reinstall

:)

EPICFAILHOCH10, Jul 10, 2020

2. How to copy Windows 10 from HDD to a new SSD?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows cannot be copied using the Copy or Move feature as it has to be installed on the hard disk. I suggest you to perform a Clean install of Windows on the SSD using an ISO file and then try to activate your copy of Windows. Refer the thread link
    below for steps to perform a Clean install.

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Note: For activation issues after the installation you may contact the phone activation support.

Take a backup of the data before you install Windows 10 on the SSD. If you want to free the data of HDD then you will have to format the HDD at the time of installation of Windows 10 on the SSD.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.

Hi,

I'm thinking about updating my 2 years old laptop from HDD to SSD. Since my HDD is still in working condition, I plan to use it as an external HDD. I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop.
    Is it possible for me to transfer it to the new SSD while upgrading? If then please tell me the steps to follow.

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun.

Arjun Dinesh, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Z4KO Win User

When copying Windows 10 from an HDD to SSD only problems?

How to copy Windows 10 from HDD to a new SSD?

Original title:- Windows 10 to SSD, hassle free

Hello there. I have just purchased a crucial MX200 250GB SSD to replace my archaic 5400 RPM OEM HDD. I am just looking for a way to move my copy of Windows from the HDD to the SSD, but I would like this done with a clean install. Thanks for any help

Thema:

When copying Windows 10 from an HDD to SSD only problems?

1. When copying Windows 10 from an HDD to SSD only problems? - Similar Threads - copying HDD SSD

2. windows moved from hdd to ssd problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows moved from hdd to ssd problem: so i moved my c drive from hdd to ssd but my files are still in the hdd, theres windows 10 on the ssd but it dosent have my files, to access the files i need to go to the hdd is there any way to move the files into the ssd i hope you understand my situation...
  3. Windows 10 from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 from hdd to ssd: Just bought a new ssd and was about to transfer windows to it from hdd. Was wondering if its worth to do this after formating the pc or before because im gonna format it anyway. submitted by /u/PixieSword [link] [comments]...
  4. Copy data from HDD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  5. Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD: Hey everyone. I recently bought an M.2 SSD to use alongside my older HDD. My plan was to have the games I play the most and Windows on the M.2 and all the other stuff on the HDD. I have already moved some games to the M.2. But I'm not sure how to only move Windows without...
  6. Copying my HDD to a SSD

Copying my HDD to a SSD: I am not the best with computers but I am really struggling following all these tutorials online and tips. The issue is I had made my windows boot off of my hdd instead of the ssd and now I’m struggling to copy it over to the ssd. (Note: I made this pc 2 years ago and just...
  7. Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD

Cloning ONLY/ICONS windows 10 from HDD to SSD: How can I clone only my windows 10 and icons to my 120gb ssd from my 1tb HDD? I just want to be able to boot from the ssd but still keep all my games on my HDD and icons that point to my downloads on the HDD submitted by /u/GuiltyDifficulty [link] [comments]...
  8. SSD only recognised as HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD only recognised as HDD.: Hello, I have two SSDs in my computer a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo used as the boot device and 1TB Crucial MX500 used as secondary storage. After a computer refresh and restart I ran the defrag program to optimise the drives and noted it recognised them as standard HDDs and was...
  9. Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.: Hi, I'm thinking about updating my 2 years old laptop from HDD to SSD. Since my HDD is still in working condition, I plan to use it as an external HDD. I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop.Is it possible for me to transfer it to the new SSD while upgrading?...
  10. Copying HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copying HDD to SSD: Is there an easy way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-hdd-to-ssd/740b1582-9387-463e-abeb-a4323fc65270