Windows 10: When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

Discus and support When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get the message "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." I am using a new laptop and Windows 10. I have tried multiple USB drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuthReed1, May 19, 2020.

1. RuthReed1 Win User

When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

I get the message "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." I am using a new laptop and Windows 10. I have tried multiple USB drives and sizes recommended and greater. I would like to create a Recovery Drive.

:)

RuthReed1, May 19, 2020
  2. dawneshaw Win User

windows 10 creating recovery drive error "We can't create the recovery drive" " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

Original Title: windows 10 recovery drive error

I purchased a new Dell laptop and have tried and tried to create a recovery drive to no avail. I get an error message that says "We can't create the recovery drive." " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

I have tried different flash drives and nothing seems to work. I seriously would like to have a way to recover my laptop should the need arise.

Help?!

DS

dawneshaw, May 19, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2020
  4. When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

Not able to create Windows 10 Recovery drive getting error message "We cant create a recovery drive on this PC"

Hi Derek,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with the creation of Recovery drive in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer the link on “windows 10 creating recovery drive error "We can't create the recovery drive" " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."
    and perform the troubleshooting steps provided by ThofikhAhamad
    replied on November 14, 2015.

windows 10 creating recovery drive error "We can't create the recovery drive" " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, May 19, 2020
Thema:

When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

1. When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while... - Similar Threads - creating recovery drive

2. "Error occurred" message when I clicked on "Reply" to a thread I was looking at. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Error occurred" message when I clicked on "Reply" to a thread I was looking at. Windows 10: I was looking at a reply from @Greg Carmack in my thread here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-files-folders-to-a-lower-level-that-my/6229fd53-f18a-45a0-9c99-3220cf3aaee8 I had a further question for him so I clicked on 'Reply' and then...
  3. Problem in creating usb recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in creating usb recovery drive: I am not able to create the recovery drive on my PC running Windows 10, through the preinstalled recovery drive tool. Each time it gives me a failure message after 10-15 minutes of working. How can I create the usb recovery drive now? Someone please help. Thanks...
  4. Problems creating a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems creating a recovery drive: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Andrewmorris197 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4e7y9/problems_creating_a_recovery_drive/
  5. An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you try to eject a CD or DVD you see a message – An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive, then this post offers some suggestions that may help you resolve the problem. It mainly happens due to [...] This post An error occurred while ejecting DVD...
  6. I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full"

I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full": three questions here: 1. how do I stop this message from popping up? it pops up multiple times 2. how do I delete items in it to clear space (won't let me due to low space) 3. don't know why everything got saved in there all of a sudden (maybe one of the upgrades) but...
  7. Permission issue on working with network drive, Error message: An error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission issue on working with network drive, Error message: An error occurred while...: Another problem out of nowhere. A USB stick on a Linksys router used as a network drive. Suddenly, can not save to the drive, and PC says "permission denied." Can find no way to change permissions. Get error message: "An error occured while applying security information -...
  8. An Error Occurred While Trying to Create A File in The Destination....

in Windows 10 Support
    An Error Occurred While Trying to Create A File in The Destination....: Hi, I'm trying to install an audio production plugin I bought from a vendor to my default plugin folder but keep getting this error? Any idea what could be the issue? I'm running a hp elitebook 8560w (64 bit). I've tried running the installer as administrator, installing the...
  9. problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10

problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10: hi guys, i have a big problem, let me explain from the start i have one external hard drive which i use for everything i had nearly 1tb of data there i wanted to create recovery disc there however there were two partitions one with my data and another called recovery...
  10. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A...