Windows 10: When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

Discus and support When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get the message "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." I am using a new laptop and Windows 10. I have tried multiple USB drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuthReed1, May 19, 2020.

1. RuthReed1 Win User

When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

I get the message "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." I am using a new laptop and Windows 10. I have tried multiple USB drives and sizes recommended and greater. I would like to create a Recovery Drive.

:)

RuthReed1, May 19, 2020
  2. dawneshaw Win User

windows 10 creating recovery drive error "We can't create the recovery drive" " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

Original Title: windows 10 recovery drive error

I purchased a new Dell laptop and have tried and tried to create a recovery drive to no avail. I get an error message that says "We can't create the recovery drive." " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

I have tried different flash drives and nothing seems to work. I seriously would like to have a way to recover my laptop should the need arise.

Help?!

DS

dawneshaw, May 19, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2020
  4. When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

Not able to create Windows 10 Recovery drive getting error message "We cant create a recovery drive on this PC"

Hi Derek,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with the creation of Recovery drive in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer the link on “windows 10 creating recovery drive error "We can't create the recovery drive" " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."
    and perform the troubleshooting steps provided by ThofikhAhamad
    replied on November 14, 2015.

windows 10 creating recovery drive error "We can't create the recovery drive" " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, May 19, 2020
Thema:

When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

1. When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while... - Similar Threads - creating recovery drive

2. Can’t create a recovery disc for windows 10 on Lenovo. Message is some error occurred. No...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t create a recovery disc for windows 10 on Lenovo. Message is some error occurred. No...: Trying to create a recovery disk for Windows 10 on a Lenovo notebook. Message is vague. Cannot create a recovery disc p. Error occurred. That’s all. I want to create a recovery disc in order to reset the laptop which is extremely slow and unresponsive....
  3. Can’t create a recovery disc for windows 10 on Lenovo. Message is some error occurred. No...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t create a recovery disc for windows 10 on Lenovo. Message is some error occurred. No...: Trying to create a recovery disk for Windows 10 on a Lenovo notebook. Message is vague. Cannot create a recovery disc p. Error occurred. That’s all. I want to create a recovery disc in order to reset the laptop which is extremely slow and unresponsive....
  4. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  5. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  6. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. A problem occurred when creating the recovery drive.

A problem occurred when creating the recovery drive.: I am trying to install Windows onto a new SSD that I bought. I keep getting this same message when I try to create a recovery drive. It gets through everything fine and even starts downloading the files for the recovery drive on the usb drive. However, it stops about 1/4 of...
  8. A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: I am unable to create recovery drive recently. Below are the details: Windows 10 Pen drive used: 64 GB Antivirus uninstallation also did not help System file check is normal. - What can be the reason ?...
  9. We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to create a recovery drive using a USB drive on your Windows 10 computer but receive the error message – We can’t […] This article We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive first appeared on...
  10. a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: So apparently I keep getting this message "there was a problem creating the recovery drive" only whenever "back up system files" is checked.. without it checked everything is fine. I went through the sfc scan, and the other scan that most people use, and factory resetted my...