Windows 10: When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...

Discus and support When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This happened right after Windows 10 most recent upgrade. It's quite annoying. How do I stop this? Thanks in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TerryWebb3, Jun 24, 2020.

1. When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...

This happened right after Windows 10 most recent upgrade. It's quite annoying. How do I stop this? Thanks in advance.

:)

TerryWebb3, Jun 24, 2020
  2. poit57 Win User

Mouse cursor on Universal apps for video playback

I have noticed when using Universal Windows apps for video content on a desktop PC, the mouse cursor doesn't automatically disappear after being idle. Affected apps include Netflix, WatchDisney, WatchABC, SyFy Now, and others.

When watching through a web browser and making the video full screen, the cursor does vanish after a few seconds, and reappears if the mouse is moved. This has become expected behavior on a PC while watching video, but on the universal/modern apps on Windows
    8.1 and Windows 10, the cursor just stays on the screen the entire time. The work-around seems to be to move the cursor to the right edge of the display so that it is mostly off-screen.

I was just curious if this is an oversight by those app developers when creating these apps, assuming they will mostly be used on tablets with no mouse present, or is this a limitation of the program language for these apps where Microsoft doesn't give the
    option for the cursor to be automatically hidden when idle?

poit57, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Delete video allocated by xbox video app

Hello,

Thank you very much for asking your question on the forum.

As a first step, please perform a Soft Reset with your phone. For this you press and hold the Power and the Volume down button at the same time until the phone automatically restarts. Please do not slide down on the screen to switch it off.

You will not lose any data on the phone by doing this.

After that, please try to delete the video directly in the Video App.

Xbox Support

• Tap the Xbox Video tile or tap
      Xbox Video
      in your app list.
    • Open the video that you wish to remove.
    • Tap More (the ellipses icon), and then tap
      Settings.
    • Tap Remove video from collection, and then tap
      Remove.

Then, please go to Settins > Storage Sense and change the settings where to store new videos to SD Card.

I hope this helps,

Rebecca B., Jun 24, 2020
  4. When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...

No Video Playback

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause video clips not to play on Xbox App.
    It is possible that your video card drivers are not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you able to play videos using other applications on your PC?
    • Have you tried to check if offline videos are playing on your PC?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

In the meantime, you may perform the suggested steps under Troubleshooting video or display problems
    on this
    link
    to resolve the issue.

If you need further assistance, you may reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever...

1. When cursor hovers over a video or anything on the screen, that video or app or whatever... - Similar Threads - cursor hovers video

2. Cursor keeps looping blue circle when not hovering over anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor keeps looping blue circle when not hovering over anything: After updating to the newest Insider Beta channel version, my idle cursor keeps looping the blue loading icon. Other cursors such as Text Select work fine, only the normal icon has this problem. How do I fix it?...
  3. Cursor keeps looping blue circle when not hovering over anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor keeps looping blue circle when not hovering over anything: After updating to the newest Insider Beta channel version, my idle cursor keeps looping the blue loading icon. Other cursors such as Text Select work fine, only the normal icon has this problem. How do I fix it?...
  4. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.: I have a black square below my mouse and to the right, it only appears when hovering over a video on twitch or youtube. https://i.imgur.com/wrtZ0RZ.png...
  5. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.: I have a black square below my mouse and to the right, it only appears when hovering over a video on twitch or youtube. https://i.imgur.com/wrtZ0RZ.png...
  6. Mouse has black square when hovering over videos.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen when hovering cursor over log in field and over address bars and menus: The screen turns black when hovering mouse cursor over field or anything that is an action button or menu. Can tab through and enter text, and only the primary monitor is affected laptop. The problem goes away if rebooted, but comes back as soon as sleep and wake or shut...
  8. Blue tint on window/game/video when mouse hovers over it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue tint on window/game/video when mouse hovers over it: Hello, I recently built my PC and everything seems fine, however recently an odd issue has surfaced. Basically, whenever I hover my mouse over a frame like a video or while I'm playing a game, a blue tint appears in that area and I have no idea why. Built the PC on Friday...
  9. CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR: lz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video is also lag for second plz help processor;AMD E2 -6110 APU with AMD...
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...