Windows 10: when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11

Discus and support when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; since installing windows 11, when i turn on my computer the screen is blank/black until the cursor is moved to a random spot and display comes on. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eva shoemake, Aug 6, 2022.

1. when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11

since installing windows 11, when i turn on my computer the screen is blank/black until the cursor is moved to a random spot and display comes on. When the cursor is moved, the display turns black/blank again until you move it around and the display pops back on when the cursor hits a random spot on the screen. how can this be fixed? please help!

:)

eva shoemake, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Black screen on windows 11

Hi I have a similar issue. I have a surface pro 8, windows 11. The screen is black for a long time before login.

Normally:

• Turn on computer
    • Screen with clock and scenic background
    • Swipe screen up
    • Camera turns on
    • Face recognition
    • Logs in
    Now (since Nov 19):

• Turn on computer
    • Black Screen with clock
    • Swipe screen up
    • Black Screen for 30 - 90 seconds, can see and move mouse cursor
    • Camera might turn on and logs in or screen times out due to no activity
    • Turn screen off//on by pressing the power button
    • Camera might turn on or screen times out due to no activity
    • at some point it logs in
    This happens 100% on shutdown then power on. It happens a lot, but not always on restarts.

I have tried:

• turning it on and off
    • rolling back updates
    • factory reset from device
    • factory reset from internet
    • factory reset then installing all the updates
    • factory reset then pause updates then uninstall updates
    Anyone have any insights?

Thanks

ultra.dingo, Aug 6, 2022
  4. when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11

Random black screen moving the cursor

Hi.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me out with.

My Asus computer randomly started to get black screen this happens when I for an example sit on facebook and maybe play some game.

After like 10 minutes a spot on the screen starts to turn black and when I move the cursor around its kinda "painting" the rest of the screen and it will all go black. I can let it stay for hours and it wont come back.

I have to manually kill the computer by pushing the turn on button for a few seconds.

Any suggestions ? please

matiashansen, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11

1. when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11 - Similar Threads - cursor moved screen

2. Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor: I just updated my windows 11 PC and it told me to restart. I restarted and the manufacturers logo comes up and the windows 11 loading. After a few seconds the screen goes black but it's still on and I see my cursor only. The cursor sometimes switches to the loading one.I've...
  3. Windows 11 Black screen cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black screen cursor: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2 in 1. I tried updating to windows 11 after the pc telling me it was available for my pc and also running the windows health check just to make sure my laptop was compatible, intially it worked after the update untill the first time i shut it...
  4. Windows 11 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen with cursor: Whenever I start my pc, it goes through the normal login process and the screen just turns black with a cursor.I have tried multiple tutorials on YouTube figured this could help. The last thing I did was install a update I tried the trouble shoot to uninstall update in...
  5. when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when cursor is moved the screen turns black/blank since installing windows 11: since installing windows 11, when i turn on my computer the screen is blank/black until the cursor is moved to a random spot and display comes on. When the cursor is moved, the display turns black/blank again until you move it around and the display pops back on when the...
  6. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  7. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  8. Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11: I have been operating my PC from Task Manager after upgrading to Windows 11 for weeks. After I enter my pass code to login from the opening login / picture screen, I get a black screen with a cursor. I have installed a new video card, updated all my drivers, run every sfc &...
  9. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think...
  10. screen turning blank with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen turning blank with cursor: when i factory reset my window 10 in hp stream ,it boots and says preparing windows but after mins it turns into black screen with a cursor....how to fix this error?...