Windows 10: When did Microsoft get so terrible?

Discus and support When did Microsoft get so terrible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the last few days, I've had to deal with: -A Windows 10 update that completely destroyed the installation, forced me to take my PC to the shop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D123r5, Sep 22, 2020.

1. D123r5 Win User

When did Microsoft get so terrible?

In the last few days, I've had to deal with:

-A Windows 10 update that completely destroyed the installation, forced me to take my PC to the shop, spend hundreds of dollars, have my system drive fully wiped of all files and install Windows from scratch. I have also talked to multiple people who have also faced major technical issues with this update, something is broken with it, stop pushing it on people and ruining their computers.

-Microsoft pushing its Edge browser malware on me with multiple intrusive prompts how did we go from Microsoft being required to offer a choice of browser, in the EU at least, to a forced Windows update pushing a browser on people with deceptive language trying to fool the technically ignorant into thinking they have no choice but to switch to this browser? This should be an antitrust suit waiting to happen.

-The ridiculousness that is OneDrive due to making the mistake of enabling it during the reinstall. How does it make sense that the only way I can see to disable syncing certain files to this stupid thing is to effectively delete them from your computer, even if they're the computer they originated in? That's not only really stupid, it's as insidious as the Edge tactic because again you're trying to force the technically ignorant to pay for more storage when they inevitably run out of space due to this stupid system that doesn't even let you pick and choose what gets backed up.

I thought you've moved beyond this Silicon Valley supervillain stage and actually cared about consumers and stopped resorting to such underhanded tactics. More fool me huh?

:)

D123r5, Sep 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Sound is terrible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and showing your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

• What is the make and model of the system?
    • Do you face the same issue when you plug in an external speaker?
    I suggest you to go through the following article and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

If issue still persists I would suggest you to Uninstall and Reinstall the Sound Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” +
    “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound Drivers from the device list,right click
    on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted
    drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Drivers and then install it.

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ravindra Kamath, Sep 22, 2020
  4. When did Microsoft get so terrible?

Terrible Lag Microsoft 5000 wireless on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to download and install the latest mouse drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/838398

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

When did Microsoft get so terrible?

1. When did Microsoft get so terrible? - Similar Threads - did Microsoft terrible

2. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  3. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?: Why is Microsoft such a steaming pile of bull hockey? It has gotten progressively worse and worse and yet my employers still mandate it. I'm considering killing myself or quitting my job, but first I wanted to check to see whether Microsoft was salvageable.Right now, I'm on...
  4. Why is Microsoft So Terrible Now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?: I don't understand that one of the major tech companies in the world still have some terrible softwares. I'm sure I could do a much better job as a developer, but instead looks like they prefer to hire incompetent people. An application store software that can't do what is...
  6. Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?

Why the Microsoft Store is so terrible?: I don't understand that one of the major tech companies in the world still have some terrible softwares. I'm sure I could do a much better job as a developer, but instead looks like they prefer to hire incompetent people. An application store software that can't do what is...
  7. Why is this system so terrible?

Why is this system so terrible?: Second time posting this in the last week. I turned on my computer and it said I incorrectly entered my PIN. I dont use a pin, never have and never will because my brain is capable of remembering more than 4 characters. I'm asking a lot of you to read this ehole thing but...
  8. why is this product so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this product so terrible?: Despite what I'd assume to be hundreds of millions of cumulative dollars and hours of r&d YOU MICROSOFT have made the WORST piece of mandatory spyware I've ever seen. Billions aren't enough? come on, make a solid product stop forcing me to give you information in a CONSTANT...
  9. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft support so terrible?: Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-support-so-terrible/d9316024-dc47-4995-af27-eb516a9e20f2
  10. Why is microsoft support so terrible?

Why is microsoft support so terrible?: Why? Just god awful. Nobody around here seems to be able to solve a damn thing. Asking questions is nice, but damn it all if they lead to wasted time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-support-so-terrible/d9316024-dc47-4995-af27-eb516a9e20f2