Windows 10: When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

Discus and support When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know that support for Windows XP ended on 8 April, 2014, but since x64 edition is sp2 only, I thought the end date would be 2010, but then I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sarmad Qureshi, Mar 18, 2023.

1. When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

I know that support for Windows XP ended on 8 April, 2014, but since x64 edition is sp2 only, I thought the end date would be 2010, but then I thought it could be extended.

:)

Sarmad Qureshi, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Hi, I have nokia 6280 and want to upgrade software, (curently is 5.92), but my pc configuration dosn't alow that, (Windows XP Professional x64 Edition). I can't started nokia software updater because "NSU requires that your computer runing Windows 2000
    or Windows XP" (that is writen on end of instalation). I need version Nokia Software Updater for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Wista or something. Please help
    Message Edited by on 16-Sep-200710:12 PM

karanfilovski, Mar 18, 2023
  3. wiak Win User
    windows xp professional x64 edition?

if you wont go vista go xp x64 edition
    no point of 32-bit when you can get the 64-bit aka more than 3.25GB memory support, and faster perf

XP 64-bit (x64) is based on Windows Server 2003
    XP 32-bit is based on Windows 2000

i have used both 64-bit xp and vista and i find vista to be more stable and have alot more drivers
    heck windows update just installs the driver for you in vista *Wink When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end? ;)

vista also allows for update of drivers without reboot
    like ati catalyst drivers can be updated with zero reboot ;P

4. When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

How bad is XP x64?

There are only three main issues with XP x64:
    1) Driver Support - A lot of lowly manufacturers do not have XP x64 drivers. Just make sure to download drivers for all your devices prior to purchasing XP x64. If you can't find a driver for something, know that it is very unlikely for that device to function in XP x64.

2) Application Support - XP x64, like Vista x64, has zero support for 16-bit applications. If you have any old 16-bit games or programs, they will no longer function.

3) Installer Blacklisting - Some idiot installation developers have added operating system checks to the installers which blacklist any operating system not explicitly defined in the installer. Basically, that means the installer will refuse to install the software on XP x64 even though it works fine on XP x64. I know this is true for Beyond Good & Evil and XIII--the list is rather lengthy. You can work around this one by installing the application on a operating system that isn't black listed and then copy the files over to your XP x64 computer.

I have been using XP x64 since June 2005. Those are the only issues I have ever encountered. Other than that, it is practically the same as XP Pro.

Edit: GTA4 and Saints Row 2 run fine.

Server 2003/XP Professional x64 Edition service pack 2 is basically the same as service pack 3 on XP Home/XP Pro

FordGT90Concept, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

1. When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end? - Similar Threads - did support x64

2. When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?: I know that support for Windows XP ended on 8 April, 2014, but since x64 edition is sp2 only, I thought the end date would be 2010, but then I thought it could be extended....
  3. When will support for Windows 2000 end?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will support for Windows 2000 end?: I've been using Windows 2000 since 1996 and I don't know when support will end. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-support-for-windows-2000-end/a168ff65-acaf-4612-b336-48f4bbe68ed1
  4. When will support for Windows 2000 end?

When will support for Windows 2000 end?: I've been using Windows 2000 since 1996 and I don't know when support will end. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-support-for-windows-2000-end/a168ff65-acaf-4612-b336-48f4bbe68ed1
  5. When did support for Windows 95 end?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When did support for Windows 95 end?: My dad owns an old Aptiva Windows 95 Plus. He was wondering if he could somehow install the functionality for the USB software that it has.For clarification, the Win 95 recognizes that it has a USB port, but it doesn't seem to operate even when the USB option is turned on in...
  6. When did support for Windows 95 end?

When did support for Windows 95 end?: My dad owns an old Aptiva Windows 95 Plus. He was wondering if he could somehow install the functionality for the USB software that it has.For clarification, the Win 95 recognizes that it has a USB port, but it doesn't seem to operate even when the USB option is turned on in...
  7. How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?: Guys I have windows xp sp3 ver.2002 but I can't activate it...Can you explain me how to avoid or activate windows when is past 30 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-xp-when-its-on-end-life/19810053-e3dc-4f8a-a6f9-0e8277e6b1fe
  8. How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?

How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?: Guys I have windows xp sp3 ver.2002 but I can't activate it...Can you explain me how to avoid or activate windows when is past 30 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-xp-when-its-on-end-life/19810053-e3dc-4f8a-a6f9-0e8277e6b1fe
  9. Windows XP x64

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows XP x64: I'm planning to download Windows XP x64 bit to play some older games on virtual machine Windows XP Professional 64 Bit ISO Free Download [SP3] - Softlay Is it safe to download the .iso file from this site? 175978
  10. Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016: Earlier this year, we announced that Google Chrome would continue support for Windows XP through the remainder of 2015. At that time, we strongly encouraged users on older, unsupported platforms such as Windows XP to update to a supported, secure operating system. Such older...