Windows 10: When does 'Check for updates' run?

Discus and support When does 'Check for updates' run? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, When does 'Check for updates' run? Three days have passed but Windows doesn't check for new update automatically. Thanks 139556 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shervan360, Aug 31, 2019.

1. When does 'Check for updates' run?

Hello,

When does 'Check for updates' run? Three days have passed but Windows doesn't check for new update automatically.

Thanks

:)

Shervan360, Aug 31, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

When does 'Check for updates' run?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond When does 'Check for updates' run? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

When does 'Check for updates' run?

1. When does 'Check for updates' run? - Similar Threads - does 'Check updates'

2. "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" when running PC Health Check to check for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" when running PC Health Check to check for...: Hello, i'm trying to run PC health check for the purpose stated on the title, but failed due to "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" even though it isn'tI never opted in for the Windows Insider Program. As for the group policy, i never did any changes to the group...
  3. "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" when running PC Health Check to check for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" when running PC Health Check to check for...: Hello, i'm trying to run PC health check for the purpose stated on the title, but failed due to "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" even though it isn'tI never opted in for the Windows Insider Program. As for the group policy, i never did any changes to the group...
  4. "Your Organization Manages Updates on this PC" when running PC Health Check to check for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why don't see 20H2 when run "Check for updates"?

Why don't see 20H2 when run "Check for updates"?: Hi all I've been having a ton of problems updating from v1909 to v2004 / 20H2. I did a reset so I'm still on v1909. However why don't I see the option to update to 2004 and/or 20H2 when I click "Check for updates". FYI: I did a restart after installing the first batch...
  6. Windows 10 update: checking for updates runs and runs

Windows 10 update: checking for updates runs and runs: I went to Settings|Windows Update and tried checking for updates. The app runs and runs. I downloaded and ran the update checker tool. It hung up on "pending reboot" and ran and ran and ran. There is no obvious pending reboot. What can I do to get Windows Update running? I...
  7. When does 'Check for updates' run?

When does 'Check for updates' run?: Hello, When does 'Check for updates' run? Three days have passed but Windows doesn't check for new update automatically. Thanks 139556
  8. may i know when does w10 check for updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    may i know when does w10 check for updates?: Hi may i know when does windows 10 check for updates? every days or every boot ? thanks 21580
  9. Windows Update does not check for updates automatically.

Windows Update does not check for updates automatically.: I have this problem for a long time on my laptop, windows update does not automatically search for updates, I have to do a manual search to download the latest updates. I have run the microsoft problem solver, also one that I found in this forum, I have installed and...
  10. [SOLVED] Checking for updates (Forever running)

[SOLVED] Checking for updates (Forever running): Hi there, Previously I had an update which windows kept on updating and undoing the update for some reason. After which i tried to find for a solution online and somehow deleted the entire of the Software Distribution folder located in the C:\Windows folder. Right now...