Windows 10: When does the disk become red on my computer?

Discus and support When does the disk become red on my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/AustralianZach [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fubhdk/when_does_the_disk_become_red_on_my_computer/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AustralianZach, Apr 3, 2020.

1. When does the disk become red on my computer?

/u/AustralianZach, Apr 3, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue When does the disk become red on my computer? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows Colored in Red

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as the screen turns red when to turn on the computer.

This might be the display drivers issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to access desktop?
    • Is there any error code along with the red screen?
    • Have you tried to connect an external monitor and check if the issue persists?
    • Have you updated the display drivers?

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

If you are able to boot the computer to desktop then, I suggest you to update the display drivers to your computer.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.
    [*]
    Method 2: If you are unable to access desktop, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and update the display drivers.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Update the Display Adapter driver in safe mode.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

When does the disk become red on my computer?

My disk c: apear at red

Hi Anibal

If your C drive is appearing as red in Windows File Explorer, it is full and you need to create space on that drive for Windows to function correctly, Windows does not work well when your hard drive is full . . .

Run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below:

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

When does the disk become red on my computer?

1. When does the disk become red on my computer? - Similar Threads - does disk become

2. When does robocopy without parity become unreliable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When does robocopy without parity become unreliable?: I've seen this article that says robocopy has no parity so it's unreliable.https://superuser.com/questions/1668286/robocopy-issues-with-cloud-filesI wanna ask Does windows native paste task including parity and How much does parity in copy/paste task matter...
  3. When does robocopy without parity become unreliable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When does robocopy without parity become unreliable?: I've seen this article that says robocopy has no parity so it's unreliable.https://superuser.com/questions/1668286/robocopy-issues-with-cloud-filesI wanna ask Does windows native paste task including parity and How much does parity in copy/paste task matter...
  4. Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?: This started about a week ago, I'll be playing a game or something and all of a sudden everything will become delayed by about a second and my mouse will almost freeze completely. It happens every once in a while but last for about 3 to 5 seconds and really gets in the way...
  5. Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?

Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?: This started about a week ago, I'll be playing a game or something and all of a sudden everything will become delayed by about a second and my mouse will almost freeze completely. It happens every once in a while but last for about 3 to 5 seconds and really gets in the way...
  6. Toolbar and letters become red when restart the PC.

Toolbar and letters become red when restart the PC.: Hello,Why every time i restart my loptop my toolbar and letters changes to the red color.[Original Title: The issue] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-and-letters-become-red-when-restart-the-pc/c215ce26-07ba-4c87-ae23-04795bbe2fc6
  7. Toolbar and letters become red when restart the PC.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar and letters become red when restart the PC.: Hello,Why every time i restart my loptop my toolbar and letters changes to the red color.[Original Title: The issue] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-and-letters-become-red-when-restart-the-pc/c215ce26-07ba-4c87-ae23-04795bbe2fc6
  8. Toolbar and letters become red when restart the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My display becomes tinted with blue or red dots, it's fixed when i restarted it. but i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My display becomes tinted with blue or red dots, it's fixed when i restarted it. but i...: here is the display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-becomes-tinted-with-blue-or-red-dots/b4ff2801-07ae-409e-8b65-2fb0fd7a6cd9
  10. Disk Become 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Become 100%: Hi, I have problem with my laptop. When i open task manager, it show disk 100% even i did not open any software. Kindly advise to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-become-100/7877282a-90a3-4283-afea-344eedffb762