Windows 10: When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?

Discus and support When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; To spawn multiple process in windows and have java thread same user privileges, below tokens are being generated: 1. Advapi32.dll.LogonUser: which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ravisoni7, May 31, 2023.

1. ravisoni7 Win User

When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?

To spawn multiple process in windows and have java thread same user privileges, below tokens are being generated: 1. Advapi32.dll.LogonUser: which provides **phToken** - A pointer to a handle variable that receives a handle to a token that represents the specified user. 2. Advapi32.dll.DuplicateToken: which provides DuplicateTokenHandle "impersonation token" 3. Advapi32.dll.DuplicateTokenEx: which provides primary token, which can be finally used to spawn a processIn total 3 token are being generated mentioned above. So i've below questions:1. when does these token gets expired? 2. Also, we

:)

ravisoni7, May 31, 2023
  2. AbiG1 Win User

Advapi32.dll not found

My laptop keeps brining up the error that Advapi32.dll cannot be found.

I tried the sfc scan and it said it found corrupted files but couldn't fix them.

All my work is on an encrypted folder that will not work because of the error so I cannot access any of it.

Any suggestions on what to do?

AbiG1, May 31, 2023
  3. ADVAPI32.dll was not found.

When I try to start any application i get a system error saying, “the code execution cannot proceed because ADVAPI32.dll was not found.”

I have tried to do a system file scan and it says, “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.”

When i check system32 advapi32.dll is there but it still says it was not found.

Thanks for any help i recieve.

ismailalbayrak1, May 31, 2023
  4. When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?

OneDrive; Entry point not found ; advapi32.dll

Using Windows 7 Home Premium on a pc.

Two weeks ago, I began getting the following popup error message 4 or 5 times a day:
    --------------------
    OneDriveSetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point eventsetinformation could not be located in the dynamic link library advapi32.dll
    --------------------
    None of the following helped:
    System file scan (sfc /scannow);
    File check (automatically fix file system errors);
    Malwarebytes (no threats found);
    SuperAntiSpyware (nothing found).

When I search for advapi32.dll, I get several results, with paths of either Windows\winsxs\amd64 or Windows\winsxs\x86.

I can still log into my OneDrive account and see files and folders there. The desktop icon says, "Up to date," and "You're all set -- all files are in sync."

I have now uninstalled OneDrive and downloaded a new installer, but trying to install it results in the error detailed above.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

NotMyName3, May 31, 2023
Thema:

When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?

1. When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire? - Similar Threads - does tokens generated

2. When does this devices windows expire ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When does this devices windows expire ?: When does this devices windows expire ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-does-this-devices-windows-expire/c468ecd9-0700-4e03-9405-a5ec7130de78
  3. When does this devices windows expire ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When does this devices windows expire ?: When does this devices windows expire ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-does-this-devices-windows-expire/c468ecd9-0700-4e03-9405-a5ec7130de78
  4. When does this devices windows expire ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The code execution cannot proceed because ADVAPI32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The code execution cannot proceed because ADVAPI32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...: My computer send this message unpon starting and when i try to open any app or Quickbooks. HElp! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-code-execution-cannot-proceed-because/d6d75baa-e7de-4ae3-bdff-a72ee3c9b769
  6. The code execution cannot proceed because ADVAPI32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...

The code execution cannot proceed because ADVAPI32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...: My computer send this message unpon starting and when i try to open any app or Quickbooks. HElp! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-code-execution-cannot-proceed-because/d6d75baa-e7de-4ae3-bdff-a72ee3c9b769
  7. When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?: To spawn multiple process in windows and have java thread same user privileges, below tokens are being generated: 1. Advapi32.dll.LogonUser: which provides **phToken** - A pointer to a handle variable that receives a handle to a token that represents the specified user. 2....
  8. When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?

When does the tokens generated via Windows Advapi32.dll expire?: To spawn multiple process in windows and have java thread same user privileges, below tokens are being generated: 1. Advapi32.dll.LogonUser: which provides **phToken** - A pointer to a handle variable that receives a handle to a token that represents the specified user. 2....
  9. ADVAPI32.dll was not found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ADVAPI32.dll was not found.: When I try to start any application i get a system error saying, “the code execution cannot proceed because ADVAPI32.dll was not found.” I have tried to do a system file scan and it says, “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.” When i check...
  10. Ntdll.dll, Advapi32.dll, Gdi32.dll files explained

in Windows 10 News
    Ntdll.dll, Advapi32.dll, Gdi32.dll files explained: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]DLL also called Dynamic Linked Library to contain a set of functions available in Windows 10/8/7 OS. Another program can call and execute the function. DLL is built so they can be updated and maintained separately. Today, we are explaining [...] This post...