Windows 10: When does the Windows 10 License expire on the free Windows 10 development environment hyper-v

Discus and support When does the Windows 10 License expire on the free Windows 10 development environment hyper-v in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The image that I downloaded displays “Windows Expires Soon Messages, although the download page says that it expires on 5/16/21. I just downloaded and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rphilip, Apr 17, 2021.

1. rphilip Win User

When does the Windows 10 License expire on the free Windows 10 development environment hyper-v

The image that I downloaded displays “Windows Expires Soon Messages, although the download page says that it expires on 5/16/21. I just downloaded and installed it yesterday on 4/16/21.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

rphilip, Apr 17, 2021
  2. az-dev Win User

Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v

Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 developer environment on virtual machine using Hyper-v quick create tool. As the tool already offers the Windows 10 developer environment.

My question is the environment only available for a limited period of time? The only relevant link I found is on this link: Download a Windows 10 virtual machine - Windows app development

which says that it's only available until 24th December 2018. Does anyone knows if the hyper-v installation has the same license or is it free on virtual machines?

Thanks

az-dev, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

I am using the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine software on 1 of my Windows 10 PCs and have all kinds of VMs (Guest OSes) under it.
    By default, Hyper-V gives very basic GPU capability to the VMs, without even 2D acceleration, but for Windows Vista or higher Guest OSes, an option to have some 2D/3D GPU/DirectX acceleration exists by adding a RemoteFX adapter to the Guest OS.

When I do this, then run GPU-Z on the VM/Guest OS, NO proper (or any) info shows, see screenshot:

When does the Windows 10 License expire on the free Windows 10 development environment hyper-v jae.png

Larger shot is here: Dropbox - img-2017-02-23-10-18-28.png - Simplify your life

DxDiag info of GPU is here: Файл из Облака Mail.ru

Expected: Show Microsoft logo as videocard maker logo, list OS used (Windows 10 in this case, but could be Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1/etc), and amount of memory of the GPU (such as 128 MB, 256 MB/etc).

Please add!

4. 'Mike P Win User

When does the Windows 10 License expire on the free Windows 10 development environment hyper-v

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

1. When does the Windows 10 License expire on the free Windows 10 development environment hyper-v - Similar Threads - does License expire

2. Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment: I'm on windows 11 but the VM is on Windows 10 but Its not working? How to make this work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-msix-packaging-environment/48112591-6b22-45f4-aeb6-e43907d7caf9
  3. Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment: I'm on windows 11 but the VM is on Windows 10 but Its not working? How to make this work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-msix-packaging-environment/48112591-6b22-45f4-aeb6-e43907d7caf9
  4. Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is there any ISO for Windows 11 Development environment Hyper-v images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any ISO for Windows 11 Development environment Hyper-v images: Recently I tried Windows 11 development environment in Hyper-V. It's look like good VM to use daily. I see Microsoft is updating it time by time. Is there a way I can use it to replace my main OS.I want to either boot my VM without parent OS, so I can utilize the whole RAM....
  6. Is there any ISO for Windows 11 Development environment Hyper-v images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any ISO for Windows 11 Development environment Hyper-v images: Recently I tried Windows 11 development environment in Hyper-V. It's look like good VM to use daily. I see Microsoft is updating it time by time. Is there a way I can use it to replace my main OS.I want to either boot my VM without parent OS, so I can utilize the whole RAM....
  7. Is there any ISO for Windows 11 Development environment Hyper-v images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New Windows 10 Dev Environment with Hyper-V - expiring in 4 days?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Windows 10 Dev Environment with Hyper-V - expiring in 4 days?: Hi,I've just used Hyper-V 'quick create' to download and install a Windows 10 dev environment. Upon logging in, it's saying the trial will expire in 4 days. This can't be normal behaviour? I thought it was at least 30 days, if not 90?Does anyone know why this might be? It's...
  9. Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v: Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 developer environment on virtual machine using Hyper-v quick create tool. As the tool already offers the Windows 10 developer environment. My question is the environment only available for a limited period of time? The only relevant...
  10. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization. I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license Does it need...