Windows 10: When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.

Discus and support When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i try opening a folder, an error pops up. That's because cmd is my default action when double clicking. This all started after installing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alfa server, Oct 16, 2015.

1. When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.

When i try opening a folder, an error pops up. That's because cmd is my default action when double clicking. This all started after installing some Windows 10 updates. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of cmd on my context menu? it's really annoying!*Mad

When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it. [​IMG]

:)

alfa server, Oct 16, 2015
  2. A_User_Here, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Nina_896 Win User
    Folders not opening & cannot create new folders in Win 10

Hi,

I would prefer not to do restore as there's way too much stuff in my computer that I would need to move to other place before doing this etc, so I will only do this as a last effort. I created a new user account and the issue also persisted in there.

Is there any other possible solutions?

I could now resolve one of the problems by doing research myself, found a solution for it from other Windows forum and now I can create new folders. But the cmd problem still persists and I still have cmd instead of open when I double click folders and so
    double click does not open folders. Programs on the other hand open without problems when I double click their shortcuts in desktop.

Nina_896, Oct 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it.

1. When double clicking a folder, cmd tries to run instead of opening it. - Similar Threads - double clicking folder

2. MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on: Hi I have an issue with my Dell Optiplex 7050 win10 pro desktop pc (everything is up to date as per the windows update) The problem is that with Micro Soft Office Picture Manager will not open pictures when I double click on the picture from within windows explorer. When...
  3. Allow cmd to run in a protected folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow cmd to run in a protected folder: I have a data file that is accessed by different PC's/Users at different times. The data file is on One Drive. The program that uses the data file saves automatically but cannot tolerate (for lack of the correct word) the lag time to save to One Drive. I wrote a simple batch...
  4. Windows 10: bat files not being run when double clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: bat files not being run when double clicked: Hi, somethings has been changed in my win10 64b pro (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.134]) box, and now I have issues with bat files: When I double click on them, I get a cmd, empty that shows up for a couple of seconds, and then closes. The .bat is NOT run Of I open...
  5. run,cmd not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    run,cmd not opening: i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall run and cmd...
  6. One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?: Hi , I am used to tablets style when it comes to touch screens where one click opens/runs apps yet however when I use the mouse its entirely different , i either want to drag , fast rename as a priority , i get to see the option is linked in folder properties , choose one...
  7. No program associated with folders (Cannot double click to open)

in Windows 10 Support
    No program associated with folders (Cannot double click to open): Hi there folks. I'm pretty new to the forum side of things, (or at least this forum, that is) so I'll cut right to the chase! Recently, after performing a windows update I've become unable to open folders and drives, regardless of their location (desktop, etc) by means of...
  8. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  9. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...
  10. WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click: Hello, Every time i double a folder at times it opens the folder in a new window "twice" - this is becoming really annoying. Is there a way for me to resolve this? I've followed the basic troubleshooting guides found when searching around but it seems like nothing has...