Windows 10: when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained...

Discus and support when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained !!! Need help to fix this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SantiagoSoler, Apr 5, 2019.

1. when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained...

when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained !!! Need help to fix this.

:)

SantiagoSoler, Apr 5, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 5, 2019
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Apr 5, 2019
  4. when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained...

1. when downloading folders from my OneDrive to my laptop the creation date is not retained... - Similar Threads - downloading folders OneDrive

2. Cannot delete OneDrive folder from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete OneDrive folder from my laptop: Hi,After unlinking Onedrive from my laptop, I still see the OneDrive folder. If I try to delete the folder, I get the next message: "You require permission from LAPTOP-XXXX/user to make changes to this folder"Is there any solution?...
  3. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  4. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  5. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Downloading folder from onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading folder from onedrive: Hello!Please help me. I deleted the desktop which was located on my laptop under OneDrive personal pane. So I had very important two folders there. Then I entered in Onedrive and found these folders. I downloaded one folder with 1mb. But I cant download other folder with 6...
  7. Downloading folder from onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading folder from onedrive: Hello!Please help me. I deleted the desktop which was located on my laptop under OneDrive personal pane. So I had very important two folders there. Then I entered in Onedrive and found these folders. I downloaded one folder with 1mb. But I cant download other folder with 6...
  8. Want to retain my OneDrive clouds

Want to retain my OneDrive clouds: If I remove a device from my Microsoft account, will I lose my OneDrive clouds that originated from and are associated with that device? I'm able to retrieve them now from another device, but I'm afraid that I'll lose them if I remove the soon-to-be-discarded device they were...
  9. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?: Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I hope everyone is staying safe and well from this coronavirus mess I've been a longtime Microsoft OneDrive user and paying customer going all the wayback to the original days of SkyDrive I have had a huge issue and problem with...
  10. Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!: Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you all! I'm in desperate need of assistance and help with my OneDrive account. The OneDrive E - Mail Support is absolutely laughable and no help at all whatsoever I collect pro wrestling title histories as a small hobby project. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep creation date when downloading onedrive