Windows 10: When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway. How do I disable this...

Discus and support When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway. How do I disable this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway and slams against a circular blue ping animation. I have to pull back and slam my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wolf_Doggie, Nov 23, 2020.

1. When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway. How do I disable this...

When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway and slams against a circular blue ping animation. I have to pull back and slam my mouse+dragged box against the edge like I'm smashing through a brick wall to move the window across. It only happens when dragging stuff and began happening after last big update. How do I turn this "feature," that I'm pretty sure no one has ever asked for, off?

Heres a picture of a 'settings box' being dragged into the edge and hitting the circular ping effect that stops it.

submitted by /u/Wolf_Doggie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wolf_Doggie, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 23, 2020
  4. When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway. How do I disable this...

Dragging window to second monitor

Hello- I have connected a VGA / Hdmi cable from my laptop to a second monitor. The second monitor does show my pc screen, however, even after extending the display, I am unable to drag a window from pc to 2nd monitor. I have disabled Snap. I have double
    clicked the title bar and then dragged to side of screen but it will not show at all on 2nd monitor.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Lisa

DoorlessBeet789, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway. How do I disable this...

1. When dragging a window to another monitor it gets stuck midway. How do I disable this... - Similar Threads - dragging window another

2. how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?: Hi, in windows 10 when using multiple monitors, if you dragged a window to the top or side of the screen it would stop if the courser was moving slow enough. in windows 11 it just keeps going to the next screen. if i drag it to the right place i get the options to resize the...
  3. how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?: Hi, in windows 10 when using multiple monitors, if you dragged a window to the top or side of the screen it would stop if the courser was moving slow enough. in windows 11 it just keeps going to the next screen. if i drag it to the right place i get the options to resize the...
  4. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  5. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  6. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mouse keeps stopping dragging midway

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps stopping dragging midway: When I hold LMB and drag a window, a selection, etc it randomly stops the drag. It happens about 20% of the time, and I've had this issue for about 2 weeks now.It's definitely not the mouse. I bought a brand new wired mouse, and it still happens, even if I change the USB...
  8. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  9. Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors: This s!@# is driving me insane How do I stop the mouse from getting stuck at the edge of the screen when dragging windows between monitors without: 1.) Moving the mouse faster 2.) Disabling the snap feature all together Windows 10.0.18363 Pro. I've looked all over...
  10. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another: I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to disable docking of windows dragged from one monitor to another. EVERY time I drag a window from one monitor to another, it...