Windows 10: When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing

Discus and support When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This message just started today "This program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Donald Gee, Oct 17, 2016.

1. When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing

This message just started today "This program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem." Have checked the net for guidance and have uninstalled/reinstalled Windows Live Messenger. Also have copied/pasted wldcore.dll and wldlog.dll from Windows\Live\ Shared to Windows\Live\Messenger, Windows\Live\Contacts, and Windows\Live\Mail per recommended solution. All to no avail. As well, have run the Repair feature on Windows Live Essentials and have received the notification that the repair was successful. Didn't fix it. Otherwise, WLM is working OK, just can't e-mail weblinks from the File command. Should I consider migrating to Win 10 Mail or can this issue be easily resolved?

:)

Donald Gee, Oct 17, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, Oct 17, 2016
  3. ulfornhag Win User
    WLDCore.dll is missing .

WLDCore.dll is missing when i click on a link to an e-mailadress. Do you know what to do?

ulfornhag, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing

Try this which will fully remove all WL essentials from your pc.
    a. Rightclick on start button
    b. ClickCommand Prompt w/ administrator.
    c. Runthe following commands to uninstall Windows Live Essentials:
    · (64bit) "c:\program files (x86)\windowslive\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q
    · (32bit) "c:\program files\windowslive\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q
    d. Adialog box shows status until uninstallation has completed
    will remove all Wlive programs completelyallowing for reinstall.

Bastet, Oct 17, 2016
  5. Because my technical skills are intermediate at best, I need to ask a couple of questions:
    (1) My operating system is 64 bit, do I need to run both command lines (32 and 64 bit) to completely remove WLE?
    (2) I have been reluctant so far to completely uninstall/reinstall Live Essentials as I am doubtful as to what will happen to existing e-mail folders, retained messages and settings. Will those survive the uninstall and be repopulated on the new install?

Donald Gee, Oct 18, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    As you have a 64bit machine then you just run the 64bit version.
    To save all your accounts, files, folders & emails navigate to C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ & copy the Windows Live Mail folder & paste it somewhere else - I use the desktop - then once you have a working WLMail, navigate to the same place on your pc & delete the new mail folder & copy & paste the original/saved folder back into the above place.

Bastet, Oct 18, 2016
  7. OK, am on the go for a couple of days. Will do the uninstall/reinstall on the weekend and post back. Many thanks.

Donald Gee, Oct 18, 2016
  8. When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing

All done. Everything works. Many thanks.

Donald Gee, Oct 22, 2016
  9. Bastet Win User
    Good to hear all is now working well.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing

1. When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing - Similar Threads - mailing link website

2. My adress mail link to my website ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My adress mail link to my website ?: hello, I would like to link my email address to my website :< Link removed by VM >how can i do this via outlook ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-adress-mail-link-to-my-website/728d94fc-2947-4dd3-9441-28b282dc4189
  3. Printed e-mail from my aol linked e-mail account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printed e-mail from my aol linked e-mail account: Yesterday when I went to print an e-mail off from my linked aol e-mail account synced with the Windows 10 e-mail app, they were so small you could hardly read them!! I've rung EPSON about the printer and they thought it might be to do with the printer settings in Windows...
  4. unable to open any links from my e-mail acct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open any links from my e-mail acct.: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Chrome It's the first time that occurred this to me. I've been using Windows 10 Mail and opening the links with...
  5. missing e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing e-mails: after creating a new folder and moving an e-mail to them I find that folder empty. How can I recover these missing e-mails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-e-mails/c2c4356a-3753-45ba-85d9-cc8ae8105264"
  6. Links in e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Links in e-mails: I now cant open e-mail links where I previously could. My mail is provided by BT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-e-mails/f3470bc8-50df-45a0-9e39-20bc0f11035f
  7. switched from Mail to WLM

in Browsers and Email
    switched from Mail to WLM: Hi All Just for your info Since today I haven't been able to open some email in the Mail app in Windows 10. It got to the point that I had to switch back to using WLM. All is working like a dream now. Cheers 21052
  8. WLM restore folders and mails

in Browsers and Email
    WLM restore folders and mails: Hi, I accidentally deleted some folders and mails within these in wlm, is there any chance of restoring these folders? Kind regards, Stephen 44879
  9. I can not delete an unwanted e mail contact in WLM

in Browsers and Email
    I can not delete an unwanted e mail contact in WLM: I do not know how this contact got into my address book, but I can not delete it. It is the echo sound service from skype. All other contacts can be deleted with a right click and delete, but not this one. How can I delete this entry or shall I just ignore it. I suppose...
  10. WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo: This is my bosses laptop just upgraded to WIN10. When he opens WLM it gives him a popup asking for e-mail address at yahoo and password to download the mail. Next I see the popup with the green bar running from left to right. It never reaches the end and the whole popup...